Here we go again.... The Hunt Club or Cascades on Clyde???

LadyCroft

Ok... After lots of different open inspections in different areas, we have now been put forward for a house in the Hunt Club, Cranbourne East and a bigger house for the same rent at Cascades on Clyde... So we have to decide which one to go for and which one to withdraw now. Difficult. Can anyone who lives there or knows the area say which is better for broadband and what the main differences between the two places are?

We went to an open inspection before at a couple of rentals right beside Cranbourne East primary school which were literally 2 mins away and the school looked good but the houses and surroundings at Cascades on Clyde are so beautiful with a but yes I suppose you need a car to get anywhere.

Is Cascades on Clyde Telstra Velocity and if so what does that mean? That you have to go with Telstra for your broadband package? I am a bit lost here. I had a look on the Whirlpool forum but it was a bit too detailed and I got lost again.

Sorry no idea but both of them would be too far from the shops, have to qualify and say though that not a fan of the whole area. I do know people who lived on the estate across the road from the Hunt Club but they did not live there long and sold. Botanic Ridge and the estate next door are also popular and there is a primary school close to Botanic Ridge.

Really does not matter what anyone thinks you have to pick an area that suits you.

I would not give up on Whirlpool, ask a straight question and you should get an answer.

New areas tend to have less coverage than older areas when it comes to internet. If using Wireless need to know which towers are close to where you are going to live, if you live on the fringe of the tower, once traffic picks up at peak the outer people find it slower and drop out. How do I know my brother is a techy person at large Telco.

Sorry no idea but both of them would be too far from the shops, have to qualify and say though that not a fan of the whole area. I do know people who lived on the estate across the road from the Hunt Club but they did not live there long and sold. Botanic Ridge and the estate next door are also popular and there is a primary school close to Botanic Ridge.

Really does not matter what anyone thinks you have to pick an area that suits you.

I would not give up on Whirlpool, ask a straight question and you should get an answer.

New areas tend to have less coverage than older areas when it comes to internet. If using Wireless need to know which towers are close to where you are going to live, if you live on the fringe of the tower, once traffic picks up at peak the outer people find it slower and drop out. How do I know my brother is a techy person at large Telco.

Thanks again Petals. You are always so helpful.

We were getting a bit stuck with open inspections, applying for and not getting houses in the areas we really like eg Berwick where there were loads of people viewing the same properties as us. At the moment our budget and time to be out of our short term rental have meant we will end up in this area. It looks lovely but is far out and I am worried that I have made a mistake in heading somewhere with no locals shops but we need somewhere to live for the first year anyway and my stomach is in a big knot at the thought of going out again on Saturday to do another day of open inspections only to end up with nothing again.

When I was back in the UK going through all the areas, schools and looking at the rental properties I thought I had it all sussed. On actually arriving here and going to the areas/open inspections, it is nowhere near as straight forward as I was expecting so I am probably making a big mistake due to my running out of patience and perseverence. At least I will learn another valuable lesson from this I am sure.

Sorry for the rant there. It just came out!

Thanks though :)

I agree with the previous post, contact the agents in the week, just drop in, keep looking at the newest of realestate.com.au rentals on the web. I was looking for a unit a while back for someone and I just approached the agents as soon as I saw the advert. You can download and fill in the form and let them see you. Keep hastling them in a nice way so they remember you.

Its awful going to inspections with loads of others. You will soon weed out which agents are the nice accommodating ones and the ones who are not. Good luck

I agree with the previous post, contact the agents in the week, just drop in, keep looking at the newest of realestate.com.au rentals on the web. I was looking for a unit a while back for someone and I just approached the agents as soon as I saw the advert. You can download and fill in the form and let them see you. Keep hastling them in a nice way so they remember you.

Its awful going to inspections with loads of others. You will soon weed out which agents are the nice accommodating ones and the ones who are not. Good luck

Thanks for the advice. You were spot on, some just flat out said they don't do private appts (for our rent budget I'm sure they meant) but one were happy to show us a couple in the same area that hadn't been leased after the last open inspection so it makes things much more doable now.

I also found that the big franchises are not as approachable as the smaller agents. The larger ones tend in my experience tend to have a young lass/lad with not much knowledge there, handing out the forms and not helpful at all. Whereas the ones I approached direct were very ameniable

I know there is one agent in Frankston that my mum used to rent through a few years ago and honestly if she needed to rent through them again I would give them a miss, like a sausage machine and way over the top on inspections. I hate those that give the tenant the feeling they are doing them a favour, when its the other way around.