You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

VERYSTORMY

Proud to be a Freemason

But.......the important question is.......did you ride the goat ????????

Never argue with an idiot........he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Come to next lodge meeting!

Would love to hear your thoughts on my post about choosing a lodge. :biggrin:

Welcome Brother! I can mirror your feelings. As a PM you will view the Lodge in a deeper light as well. Keep on learning!

There is nothing more important than that you be happy.

But.......the important question is.......did you ride the goat ????????

Hey, the goat can ride me for free ale.

Would love to hear your thoughts on my post about choosing a lodge. :biggrin:

I had the choice of two in reality. There are a number that meet, but most are day lodges - they meet during the day for older guys. Of the two, one was aimed at the far side of the area. So that left 1. Generally I would go with which was closest / designed for your area.

Welcome Brother! I can mirror your feelings. As a PM you will view the Lodge in a deeper light as well. Keep on learning!

Thank you brother.

I had the choice of two in reality. There are a number that meet, but most are day lodges - they meet during the day for older guys. Of the two, one was aimed at the far side of the area. So that left 1. Generally I would go with which was closest / designed for your area.

In the case of Canberra, there are fiften lodges registered at the same Masonic centre - all with odd names and numbers..

In the case of Canberra, there are fiften lodges registered at the same Masonic centre - all with odd names and numbers..

If you go to the Masonic Hall in Hong Kong, you will see English, Scottish and Irish constitutions blue lodge freemasonry, along with all the side orders, KT, Rose Croix, Royal Arch, Cryptic; SRIA, many others. On almost every evening of the week there is a function or two. Very active community, great spirit.

There is nothing more important than that you be happy.

I do not feel the need to join, I have been asked, their aims seem to be the same as mine ie treat every one fairly, with honour respect and do to others as you would like to be done by, in other words basic decency basically a grown up Boy Scouts in a lot of ways.

Most will probably be day lodges.

If you contact the local grand lodge they will arrange for you to meet up with one of them and you will then be invited to go along for dinner with one, but normally at any one meeting, there will be people from the other lodges there as visitors so you will get the chance to meet with people from all before deciding which you would like to join.

Last month was my five year anniversary of being a Freemason, having been initiated in 2014.  I followed the recommendation that VS kindly gave and contacted Grand Lodge.  A pivotal moment in my life in Australia. 🙂 

• Congratulations 2

7 hours ago, Peach said:

Last month was my five year anniversary of being a Freemason, having been initiated in 2014.  I followed the recommendation that VS kindly gave and contacted Grand Lodge.  A pivotal moment in my life in Australia. 🙂 

Congratulations! On his birthday this year, my dad got his 50 year certificate. I know that he also participated in Canberra on his long holidays with us, not sure where though.

• Congratulations 1

Is Freemason where you get to be a Grand Poobah or something like that ?

Sounds a bit like a cult.

I want it all, and I want it now.

1 hour ago, Parley said:

Is Freemason where you get to be a Grand Poobah or something like that ?

Sounds a bit like a cult.

Bit like Scouts for grown ups without the camping. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 23/11/2013 at 12:36, BritChickx said:

I don't even have the first clue what that is, are you part of the group because you've completed 3 degrees or is that something different. Explain away

Ah great music 🎙️