Anyone else in Alice Springs? or moving there?

GarethKatieandRhys

Hi everyone me and my partner and 2 children are moving to Alice springs Feb/march anyone else living there? going there? or been there? i have heard alot of good and bad about the place but we do like as a family the country side and the outdoor living. If we go there and we are not keen we can always start somewhere else to live but my partners pretty much got his job offer there.

I have a son whos 4 and a daughter whos 6 months old so trying to find things to do when i get over there any ideas on what groups i could take my youngest to? and anymore onlne groups that i could meet other people? as over here i spend alot of my time with friends so once we are settled be great to make some new friends. Is there anyone else at a simialar stage as us? and going to be arriving there when we are?

Thanks Katie

Hi everyone me and my partner and 2 children are moving to Alice springs Feb/march anyone else living there? going there? or been there? i have heard alot of good and bad about the place but we do like as a family the country side and the outdoor living. If we go there and we are not keen we can always start somewhere else to live but my partners pretty much got his job offer there.

I have a son whos 4 and a daughter whos 6 months old so trying to find things to do when i get over there any ideas on what groups i could take my youngest to? and anymore onlne groups that i could meet other people? as over here i spend alot of my time with friends so once we are settled be great to make some new friends. Is there anyone else at a simialar stage as us? and going to be arriving there when we are?

Thanks Katie

Alice Sprimgs is not country, it is remote. However, it has all the amenities that you need, such as cinema, hospital etc.

Please be very careful as to what part of town you live in. Crime is rife and alcohol abuse and violence are everyday occurrences.

Having said that, there are a lot of young families there as jobs are always available.

There are lots of different Alice facebook groups.

There are many playgroups, which is probably your best way to start meeting other young families there. There is not a lot to do, but there is a large outdoor swimming pool that is very popular as the summers are notoriously hot. If you like outdoor life (evenings are cooler,nobody does anything outside in the summer - too hot) then you will probably be ok.

Edited by Sammy1

• 4 months later...
Hi Sammy

Thanks for your message do you live there at present? I have heard good and bad things about it. What parts are the worst bits of Alice Springs? as over in the uk you have your good parts and bad parts. If you do live there and have children whats schools do there go too?

Thanks katie

It's going to be a shock to the system going to Alice from the UK. You are going to find it dry and barren with a lot of dust. Long way to anywhere else. Don't think I could live there but a lot do and like it. Good luck.