You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Hi

As anybody applied for a visa short stay visa? What sort of time frame do they ususally take? My father applied on 2nd October and initially they came back asking additional questions anout his criminal record which we answered but we haven't heard anything at all since. I have rang the Australian embassay in London and all they can see on his file notes is the initial questions asked on 2nd October but nothing else. We have sent numerous emails on the advice of the advisor in London but have had no response. Does anybody know who we would be best to contact? As we are all waiting on a decision so we can book our trip and are getting quite anxious. Thanks for any help.

Orginial post:

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/188315-tourist-visa-oz-criminal-record.html

You don't need to contact anyone, you need to wait and ideally stop pestering. It was a 22 month custodial sentence so there is nothing odd about waiting a month.

Why two threads btw? It is better to keep your story together on one thread so we don't spend time replying twice (as I have just done ).

Well they state on their website a maximum a month's decision time that is why we were getting worried. Also when I rang the embassy they said it was strange that nothing had been added to his case notes since the 2nd October and they hadn't acknowledged they had received the additional information they requested from us. They told us to send an email to the address we had received the request from.

Sorry I only started a second thread because it was different question.

Thanks for your response, we will sit and wait.