Commuting to Sydney

SussexBear

HI Does anyone live in or around Gosford and commute to Sydney? If so how good or bad is it?

I wouldn't say don't even think about it, because we did for a while. But decided that on a daily basis it would be just too much, a couple of hours each way! No thanks.

• 1 month later...
Guest littlesarah

I've got a few friends who commute to Sydney for work from the Central Coast. I think most of them drive.

For public transport info try the Transport Infoline website: http://www.131500.com.au/ You can just type in where you're going from and to, and the date and time to get an idea of what the journey would entail.

I just checked the times for Gosford to Central by train - 1hr 20 to 1hr 30 mins, but you also need to take into account the travelling time from wherever you are living to Gosford station, bus, drive or walk, and the time from Central to wherever you will be working, which may mean changing trains for a couple of stops, walking, or bus. I only checked for Gosford and you could be nearer to Sydney, say at Woy Woy, or further away if you are north of Gosford.

Whether you take the train, or drive, you are probably looking at two hours each way.