Job Sponsorship Advice Please!

LauraH

Hi there.

Im another pom desperate to stay in Australia! I'm on a whv which doesn't run out until June but I just want to be prepared so increase my chances of being able to stay.

At the moment I'm just doing shop work (which I love!) and I wondered if it was possible to be sponsored for this type of work? I thought you had to be in a skilled job to be able to be sponsored but a friend of mine is being sponsored in a waitressing position.

I have an environmental degree but little work experience in this field. My plan was to apply for jobs within this area with a hope of finding a company to sponsor me. Would this be a better option?

Any advice or peoples experience very much welcomed! Thank you xx

Hi there.

Im another pom desperate to stay in Australia! I'm on a whv which doesn't run out until June but I just want to be prepared so increase my chances of being able to stay.

At the moment I'm just doing shop work (which I love!) and I wondered if it was possible to be sponsored for this type of work? I thought you had to be in a skilled job to be able to be sponsored but a friend of mine is being sponsored in a waitressing position.

I have an environmental degree but little work experience in this field. My plan was to apply for jobs within this area with a hope of finding a company to sponsor me. Would this be a better option?

Any advice or peoples experience very much welcomed! Thank you xx

You should go to http://www.immi.gov.au and search for the CSOL, you can get sponsored for ny role on the list, which is quite extensive.

Shop work, and waitressing can not be sponsored for (unless you are a manager, and then it can be hard). Neither are on the sol or csol. It's is amazing how many people I've spoken to at hostels etc who tell me they are being sponsored for similar jobs. It never happens.