No Live Trace - CO says not acceptable - Please Help

w1johnston

I need your advice please,

This morning i have had contact from my CO and it says "Please note that the submitted UK police clearance for W1 bears the NO LIVE TRACEdesignation - this is not acceptable - we can only accept NO TRACE certificates (as submittedby Mrs W1). Please apply for the correct one and submit as soon as possible"

When I completed my 189 application I stated in the convictions section that I received a caution in 2002 for being drunk and disorderly so it was no surprise when my PCC came back with NO LIVE TRACE.

I really dont know what to do now, obviously i cannot get a PCC that says NO TRACE because of this caution.

I was upfront about the caution, so i cant understand why this has happened.

I have a CRB certificate from my work that shows the caution, I dont know if this could help in any way. The CO has not offered any alternatives so i feel sick to the stomach right now.

Any honest advice, good or bad would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Thanks for the reply blossom

I'm pretty sure i applied for the correct one, i used the link proved by them and they have accepted my wifes but i will double check.

As far as i am aware though nothing older than 10 years will show up as its no longer "LIVE" apart from maybe a more serious crime.

I think your CO is misunderstanding the report, it is nothing to do with applying for the wrong report. If there is an old record there it is going to come back as no live trace and nothing you can do about it. Perhaps you should try to find a link or something explaining the meaning of the UK police check results or ask them to refer to a colleague or superior to validate this with. You are definitely correct, they are misinformed.

I think your CO is misunderstanding the report, it is nothing to do with applying for the wrong report. If there is an old record there it is going to come back as no live trace and nothing you can do about it. Perhaps you should try to find a link or something explaining the meaning of the UK police check results or ask them to refer to a colleague or superior to validate this with. You are definitely correct, they are misinformed.

Thank you Rupert.

After receiving your reply I checked my PCC again and realised that when I uploaded the Certificate, I only uploaded that and not the front page that came with it as this was just a standard letter with my name and address on it BUT it does explain the meaning of "no live trace". I will upload that and send the CO an email and hopefully this will resolve the issue.

If there's anyone alse that has been in this situation i would still be very grateful if you can post to say what you did and what the outcome was.

Thanks

What the case officer has identified is that you have a criminal record, but that the details aren't appearing on the present certificate.

I think you probably need to obtain one of the subject access record extracts - I'd contact the ACRO:

http://www.acro.police.uk/Contact_Us.aspx

See also: http://www.acro.police.uk/acro_std.aspx?id=113

Best regards.

I had "No Live Trace" on my police certificate due to a conviction for drink driving over 10 years ago and had also declared my spent conviction on Form 80. I don't remember them having any particular issue with it, I believe they asked me to complete another form about the conviction and I had to provide full details of the conviction and circumstances behind it etc. I submitted that and they didn't request anything else. This was back in 2009 though, I was applying for a partner visa. Things must have changed.

Yep, lots of things change in the legislative and policy sense over 4 years ...

We've had similar requests for clients, and the Subject Access Record - which is what used to be provided to the Department of Immigration for character clearances several years ago, before the current format of police certificate was introduced - usually satisfies the case officer.

Best regards.

What the case officer has identified is that you have a criminal record, but that the details aren't appearing on the present certificate.

I think you probably need to obtain one of the subject access record extracts - I'd contact the ACRO:

http://www.acro.police.uk/Contact_Us.aspx

See also: http://www.acro.police.uk/acro_std.aspx?id=113

Best regards.

Thank you very much for the advice Alan.

Ive checked the links and it seems pretty straight forward to get the subject access record, only thing is it can take up to 40 days and the CO has given me 28. I Will apply for it anyway and in the mean time send CO my CRB and explain the potential wait. Hopefully he/she will be happy enough with just the CRB.

Thanks again to everyone that has offered advice.

Thank you very much for the advice Alan.

Ive checked the links and it seems pretty straight forward to get the subject access record, only thing is it can take up to 40 days and the CO has given me 28. I Will apply for it anyway and in the mean time send CO my CRB and explain the potential wait. Hopefully he/she will be happy enough with just the CRB.

Thanks again to everyone that has offered advice.

They will understand about the time, so long as you let them know. Good luck with it, just another hurdle but nothing to worry about beyond that.

Im confused mine says NO LIVE TRACE but i have never been arrested, cautioned or anything else to do with being in trouble.. Mine was accepted fine and i have been in OZ a year next month.

NO TRACE means you are completely clean. But NO LIVE TRACE definitely means there is a record on you. Have you had any interaction with the police at all? If you haven't I would suggest you do this subject matter thing to see what is on your file and if it is incorrect, I would look to get it removed, you never know when you might need a police check in the future and you don't want a false record to come back to bite.

As to the CO dealing with it, well maybe they just did not know what it meant and you got lucky. But you definitely should investigate this.

I wanted to wait untill I got some good news before I updated this thread.

Well this morning thats exactly what I got.............. VISA GRANTED!

I'm absolutely chuffed to bits.

Just so you know I emailed the CO on Sunday night/Monday morn with another copy of the PCC (including the front page this time) and my CRB, I gave a basic explanation of why the PCC has no live trace on it and refered to the CRB which lists the Caution. I offered to apply for a subject access request, complete form 80, get character references and/or provide a statutory declaration. I got an email back just a few minutes later saying that he was happy with the additional documents that i had provided.

Thanks to everyone that gave me advice on this and any other part of the process.

Just so you know I emailed the CO on Sunday night/Monday morn with another copy of the PCC (including the front page this time) and my CRB, I gave a basic explanation of why the PCC has no live trace on it and refered to the CRB which lists the Caution. I offered to apply for a subject access request, complete form 80, get character references and/or provide a statutory declaration. I got an email back just a few minutes later saying that he was happy with the additional documents that i had provided.

Thanks to everyone that gave me advice on this and any other part of the process.

Congratulations!

Well done I bet you guy cannot believe it and good luck with eveything!!