Serious help needed

Guest karlsarah

Guest karlsarah

My hubby Karl & I have only decided in the last month that moving to Oz is def what we want to do. We have decided on Perth as Karl has a possible work contact.

We have so many Q's.

• Is it easy to sort our own visas or should we use an agent?
  • If we use an agent how much do they cost and who is a good one?
  • I am a RNLD nurse. I believe the equivelent in Oz is developmental disabilities nurse, any one know what the job ops are like for me?

Any help would be very much appreciated in this mine field!

:wubclub:

Guest Paul n Ness

Hi Guys

Welcome to PIO!! :wubclub: I cant answer your questions re: visas other than to say that we are doing our own (spouse not skills) and there are plenty of people on here that are going solo. You will have plenty of replies I'm sure from the great people on this site :yes:. Most agents will give you a free chat over the phone which might help.

Ness

P.S. We are also in Shropshire and heading for Perth so keep us posted on how you get on!! GOOD LUCK whichever way you go!

• 1 year later...
Guest lausy81

We're going to Perth too, we're going based on my partners 10 years+ IT experience and my sister is living there too. We're super eager and are using a great solicitors in London so I can give you his details if you like? We wanted to use an agent just to make sure we got it right first time and as quickly as possible. He's given us heaps of help with the initiall stuff and loads of examples of what we need to submit. You can expect to pay about £4k for a full Permanent Residency application but this includes Government fees, medical and police checks - i guess its a case of you get what you pay for!

Good luck!!

Guest mbmullins

Hi, ive just joined the site so am not sure if you get his message!

Other people say do the forms yourself. I wouldn't. I help my husband run our own business so we are used to form filling etc., but i was told you only get one chance filling in the forms etc.

We used a great company who someone had already used. They told us prior to paying any money if they thought we would get in.

We had our visas granted July 2007, went to Oz to make sure we wanted to go, (had not been for 26 years!!), hopefully going for good Nov 2009. Our son has already gone ahead of us.

Guest lesmurdie

Hi there, I have friends who have recently used and agent and said that its far easier and WAY cheaper to do it yourself on the www.immi.gov.au website. You can apply online, especially as you are a nurse. We applied in 1996 and moved in 1998 but the application process is far easier and much much quicker now.

Good luck with it all.

Jennie

Archived