Will my new Sony Bravia LED work in the UK? am moving back

ruchira10

Hi I love my TV and would prefer to ship it back as I spent a fortune on the 55" HX750 Sony Bravia. It's about 18 months old.

Someone told me today that Australian TVs do not work in the UK so would love to know if anyone has had that experience - even with the newer model of televisions.

this is the model that I have. http://www.sony.com.au/product/kdl-55hx750/sku/kdl-55hx750+au5

thanks

At my best guess, I would say yes. Both Australia and UK use DVB-T to transmit digital TV (And we both use the same DVB-T/MPEG-2). I checked this on Wikipedia so you may want to satisfy yourself: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVB-T I guess if worse came to worst you could always connect a UK Freeview or Sky set top box via HDMI and use it that way?

The voltage looks suitable as well.

Nice TV by the way!

I never had any of my TV's connected directly to an aerial in the UK before moving to Oz and I am in the same boat here, they have always been connected to boxes such as streaming devices, SKY/Virgin, or Freesat (which you need a box for anyway). So if you are going to have a similar setup back home then take the TV back with you (you've only got to change the plug)

You may find that if you reset the TV you may be able to choose your country/region again and it may all work, I believe Germany and Australia's tv freq range are similar but that's taking a European TV to Oz not the other way round (unless you are going to Germany)

Need to look at what regions are offered in the menu. We sold our Samsung tv because it was only suitable for south pacific region. Our little cheap 21" offers practically every country on the planet to choose from. However, since our stuff hasn't yet arrived it will be interesting to see if it will download the channels.

• 2 months later...
Will a samsung 3d hd television work in oz, we move from the uk in November, can't wait.

Yep same thing applies you will need a set top box when you arrive here. I bought over my 3d Toshiba from the UK and it works fine. I'm actually selling my set top box/HD recorder cause I'm moving over there in March, shame your not coming sooner!

Will a samsung 3d hd television work in oz, we move from the uk in November, can't wait.

It's just a screen, once you plug a source into it it'll be fine.

Our UK one picks up the Aus channels (on terrestrial) but the Guide had issues with the time zone.

But then, like the UK, terrestrial TV is shocking. I only flick onto it for the Cricket and V8s.

• 1 month later...

In this regard, please be advised that the signal type of the TV manufactured in Australia is PAL B/G (PAL - Phase Alternating Line) and PAL I for those manufactured in U.K. PAL and NTSC is example of World Television Guide. Different types use different video bandwidth and audio carrier specifications. These different types are generally not compatible with one another.

So I believe TV's bought in either country will only work through set top or free view boxes