vetassess is not the appropriate or required skill for assessment

Simonglos

Hello i applied for a 186 visa about 6 months ago, and today they have started to possess my 186 visa to be a permanent resident as a mechanic. I went to get my skills assessed through vetassess 6 months ago, and i got assessed and i got approved and i am now a qualified Australian level 3 automotive mechanic with my tickets and have just recently got my licence.

I have just received an email today stating that the vetassess qualifications are not appropriate or required skill assessment for this occupation and i have to go through the trades recognition Australia.

Can someone shed some light on this email, As i was told vetassess and tra are the same thing and the last thing i want to do is go through all the assessments process again.

What occupation code is it? If you look at the skilled occupation list, it will tell you what the assessment body is for that occupation. You will find the list on www.immi.gov.au

ETA. I have just had a look and the mechanic occupations all appear to indicate that TRA is the skills assessment body. I think you are going to have to do it.

Edited by Rupert

Thanks for the quick reply the code is 321211 motor mechanic. And the skill level is anzsco skill level 3 which i have got through vetassess, defiantly a bit confused now.

I am afraid I am also a bit confused having just looked at the vetassess website, it really is not clear to me what you should have done. Hope someone else will be along shortly to shed some light.

My other half completed his skills assessment through Vetassess as a welder, but on the immi site it says TRA as the assessing body for that occupation too.We went through a migration agent, and from my own research I found that Vetasses was the body we needed too, so not sure why it differs on the immi site. Hope you manage to get it sorted without any issues!

My other half completed his skills assessment through Vetassess as a welder, but on the immi site it says TRA as the assessing body for that occupation too.We went through a migration agent, and from my own research I found that Vetasses was the body we needed too, so not sure why it differs on the immi site. Hope you manage to get it sorted without any issues!

I was told by my agent that vetassess do the assessment on behalf of tra...which would make sense as the immi site does state tra. in fact I have just checked hubbys certificate and at the bottom it states that it will be considered a tra assessment as vetassess are under contract with tra

Hi, I have just completed my skills assessment as a mechanic, you have to use TRA initially, filling out your details and a checking off a list of tasks that you are competent in. This issues you with a TRA report and number which you then need to provide for Vetassess. You would then normally have to carry out the skills assessment and technical interview with them. Mine in total took approx. 3 months and cost $2200ish. I then found out that none of this actually gives you an 'Australian recognised qualification' which can be used on the skills section, TRA charge $1100 to verify your documents to use on this to obtain 10 points for recognised trade qualifications.

Hope this helps!

I was told by my agent that vetassess do the assessment on behalf of tra...which would make sense as the immi site does state tra. in fact I have just checked hubbys certificate and at the bottom it states that it will be considered a tra assessment as vetassess are under contract with tra

Oh that makes sense because before you're able to progress to the Vetassess stage you have to complete the Tradeset form through the TRA don't you! I forgot about that :biggrin: