few questions about dependent child ( visa subclass 143 )

thanhphongct1

my sister, who has just been granted a PR, is living in Australia, i am her only younger brother, my parents and i now want to apply a visa subclass 143 to live with my sister in australia permanently. the problem, however, is that i am 19 years old already . after several months finishing high school last year , i decided to study at a private english school till now, this morning, i went to a private immigration centre to consult some info abut this visa, they told me that my evidence to prove my dependency on my parents is not strong enough because i am studying at an english school, i need to study at any school as long as it's a state one. and they are quite sure that i can be rejected my visa, they also said that when my family apply this kind of visa, we have to give clear evidence that i still depend on my family and i MUST be enrolled a full-time or post-secondary course leading to a qualification. Therefore, my situation now doeant appropriate the requirement !!! i am really confused, does anyone who has lots of experience on this visa can give me more exact info??? and what should i do now?? many thanks

As far as I know if you can prove yourself to be a dependent child you can be added to this application. Full time education and your parent providing financial support re normally good indicators of dependency. Who did you speak to? Don't take advice from immigration, take advice from a registered migration agent.

Dod your sister only just move to Australia? If so she would need to wait two years before she could sponsor the parents, nd then the application takes about 18 months, you old need to prove dependence at the time of decision not application.

• Like 1

As far as I know if you can prove yourself to be a dependent child you can be added to this application. Full time education and your parent providing financial support re normally good indicators of dependency. Who did you speak to? Don't take advice from immigration, take advice from a registered migration agent.

Dod your sister only just move to Australia? If so she would need to wait two years before she could sponsor the parents, nd then the application takes about 18 months, you old need to prove dependence at the time of decision not application.

my sis has been living there over 5 years already, so she is eligible to sponsor my family application. one of the consultants in that agent told me so, and they seemed to be very sure abt what they've claimed, how can i find a registed migration agent, my english school can give me a certificate showing my learning period and my father still keep documents related to the bank that he transfers me money monthly. are these documents strong enough? what should i add in my application to prove that i completely depend on my parents???? plzzzz

Nobody here can tell you definitively if your documents will be "strong enough"....as Rupert said the best person to advise you is going to be a MARA reg'd agent. That way , you will be in no doubt about the level of evidence you need to provide a strong case for dependency. There are several agents on here who post regularly- have a trawl through the Parent visa threads.

Nobody here can tell you definitively if your documents will be "strong enough"....as Rupert said the best person to advise you is going to be a MARA reg'd agent. That way , you will be in no doubt about the level of evidence you need to provide a strong case for dependency. There are several agents on here who post regularly- have a trawl through the Parent visa threads.

yeah i know that unregisted agents may tell me something wrong but when i got home, i found this info on the internet : http://www.visaaustralia.com.au/post/61568734899/are-you-including-dependent-children-on-your-visa and here as well :http://www.ixpvisas.com/australia-visas/child-visas.html and these info is quite similar to what that agent told me, im super confused now , wanna cry, u know, i hav only one sister ,recently i always imagine the situation that i am classified as undependent and rejected visa, so i hav to live here alone, OMG really stressful , can anyone give me some advice T_T

yeah i know that unregisted agents may tell me something wrong but when i got home, i found this info on the internet : http://www.visaaustralia.com.au/post/61568734899/are-you-including-dependent-children-on-your-visa and here as well :http://www.ixpvisas.com/australia-visas/child-visas.html and these info is quite similar to what that agent told me, im super confused now , wanna cry, u know, i hav only one sister ,recently i always imagine the situation that i am classified as undependent and rejected visa, so i hav to live here alone, OMG really stressful , can anyone give me some advice T_T

The best advice is to go and see a good registered migration agent. As mentioned, you are in full time education and supported by parents so there is a chance, but nobody can say categorically what will happen. I don't see what else a forum can do for you.

because i am studying at an english school

This is nonsense

i MUST be enrolled a full-time or post-secondary course leading to a qualification

This applies to dependent children over 18 years of age applying for a child visa (subclass 101) not to dependent family members applying for other visas, even if they happen to be children.

May I suggest that you consult a registered migration agent to obtain correct advice?

Edited by wrussell

This is nonsense

This applies to dependent children over 18 years of age applying for a child visa (subclass 101) not to dependent family members applying for other visas, even if they happen to be children.

May I suggest that you consult a registered migration agent to obtain correct advice?

oh really? so i still hav chance to be granted visa with my parents, actually, i am from vietnam and there is no registed agent here !!! i only can consult info on the internet and some private agents here !!! so sad !!! and sometimes im really shocked abt what they told me T_T

my sister said next week she would call immi to be given more details

oh really? so i still hav chance to be granted visa with my parents, actually, i am from vietnam and there is no registed agent here !!! i only can consult info on the internet and some private agents here !!! so sad !!! and sometimes im really shocked abt what they told me T_T

my sister said next week she would call immi to be given more details

Once again, you need to consult a registered migration agent. It does not matter where that agent lives. You should not consult with the immigration department, they are there to administer not to advise.

Once again, you need to consult a registered migration agent. It does not matter where that agent lives. You should not consult with the immigration department, they are there to administer not to advise.

i dont know how to consult a registed agent when i am in vietnam, my sister is so busy to go there, she's got a full-time job and when she got home they've closed already. the only thing she can do is calling immi department, hope u can sympathize my situation, T_T

Thanhphongct1, many registered migration agents located in Australia help people from all over the world. Mine is in Australia, and I am in the US. You can communicate via e-mail, phone, Skype, what have you. You don't need to visit them in person. There are many registered migration agents who post on this forum who can probably help you.

i dont know how to consult a registed agent when i am in vietnam, my sister is so busy to go there, she's got a full-time job and when she got home they've closed already. the only thing she can do is calling immi department, hope u can sympathize my situation, T_T

I give up. You won't listen to anything you are told anyway. Will leave you to it.