Need Information before moving to Darwin

Kamranzia

Hi there

this is Kamran Zia, I applied for the Immigration of Australia but unfortunately got not exact IELTS score so my consultant told me that I have only two options either to appear again in IELTS or to move in Darwin and live there for 2 years. after that I can move anywhere in Australia.

so I want to know about Darwin.

I am Muslim (is there any Muslim community and Mosque there)

I am Computer Professional like System Administrator (what are the jobs scope in my field, I already research on Seek, there are jobs but limited)

I have a family a wife with 2 sons and 2 daughters ages from 5 to 14

I found few facts about Darwin

• High Living cost
  • High Rains
  • High Temperature
  • High Crime Rates
  • Crocodiles
  • Spiders
  • Snakes
  • Jellyfish

beside all the above things is there anything that I can use to protect my family from these threats.

I will really appreciate your cooperation.

Guest The Pom Queen

Darwin is lovely and I would move there tomorrow. Spiders aren't a threat, crocodiles just don't swim in rivers and you will be fine, most houses have pools so you don't need to swim in rivers.

Jellyfish, not sure on the season for them up there Janine another member would know, but you usually have stinger nets and you swim in that area if you want to go in the sea.

Snakes, chances are unless you are out in the bush you won't see them.

The only reason it is classed as high crime rate is because there are more aboriginals there than places like Melbourne, I feel safe there even walking the streets late at night. Just choose your suburb well.

I will ask about Muslim communities for you.

The only concern I would have is how much work there is up there in IT

So if you fail miserably on the IELTS the advice is to move to Darwin for a couple of years? What's Darwin got that the others haven't? Some sort of special arrangement?

Darwin is a nice place, I like it. Do yourself a favour mate, if that's all you've discovered about the lovely place that is Darwin and you're really worried about the safety of your family, don't bother coming.

Don't think there's a Mosque but could be wrong. Plenty of pubs though.