Need ideas of places to live near the beach within 45min commute of Brisbane airport

talesofatwinmum

Hi, We're hoping to be moving over to Brisbane next year and are just starting to research places to live. My husband hopes to find a job at Brisbane airport as he has a work contact there. We want to live within walking distance of a beach ideally, and he would like to be able to get to work within about 45 mins. Can anyone please suggest anywhere we could consider. We have three young kids so will be needing a family friendly community with good schools. Our friends over there have suggested Bribie Island and it sounds great but I just wondered where else we could research too. Are there any coastal places on the train route to the airport which could allow us to live a little further away from the city? He will have a car so a train route isn't essential, but I wondered if this could open up more options for us. Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks.

Redcliffe, Bribie Island, Sandgate,Victoria Point, Wellington Point,Redlands Bay maybe even Jacobs Well,all have access to a type of beach, Just be wary that most dont have the sprawling white sandy beach you may picture, for those you have to really head to the Gold or Sunshine Coast.

Cal x

Redcliffe, Bribie Island, Sandgate,Victoria Point, Wellington Point,Redlands Bay maybe even Jacobs Well,all have access to a type of beach, Just be wary that most dont have the sprawling white sandy beach you may picture, for those you have to really head to the Gold or Sunshine Coast.

Cal x

Thanks a lot - I'll get reseaching them! x

Hi, We're hoping to be moving over to Brisbane next year and are just starting to research places to live. My husband hopes to find a job at Brisbane airport as he has a work contact there. We want to live within walking distance of a beach ideally, and he would like to be able to get to work within about 45 mins. Can anyone please suggest anywhere we could consider. We have three young kids so will be needing a family friendly community with good schools. Our friends over there have suggested Bribie Island and it sounds great but I just wondered where else we could research too. Are there any coastal places on the train route to the airport which could allow us to live a little further away from the city? He will have a car so a train route isn't essential, but I wondered if this could open up more options for us. Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks.

To get a train to the airport you'll have to change lines anyway. So a 45 minute commute within the parameters you specified is out of the question.

Before you get fixated on living within spitting distance of the beach, you should really ask yourself why. Do you walk much in your local neighborhood now? Would you walk a mile with 3 kids plus beach luggage? Or would you take the car. If so, you could be located a bit further away. And would you be happy with the same beach each time. FWIW, I think it's better to accept that for the most part, you'll be driving 30mins - 1 hour to a beach. Then you can pick a different beach each time.

Of course schools are important, but most are fine. The most important thing is to activate your husbands contact to get a job. Without a job, you won't be living near a beach; you'll be living on it.

• 2 months later...