teenager in need of friends north Brisbane

TurnersInOz

Hi we moved to north lakes 2 month ago, we have 3 children, but our eldest, aged 13, nearly 14, is struggling to make friends. He's a normal, full of fun, friendly boy so not sure why? So was wondering whether there's anyone in the north lakes and surrounding areas with boys or girls of a similar age that might also appreciate an extra friend. I think if he could make a good friend or two it would make his settling a much more positive experience, but at the moment it's really getting to him :( thanks x

Sorry to hear he is finding it hard to make friends.

We move over at the weekend. Our daughter is 13, 14 in feb. I would call her normal ;)

we are looking at the Gold Coast but if we end up in north Brisbane we could meet up.

Hope he gets on ok.

The wokos

Hi, thanks, yes would be good to meet up. Let me know once your settled and have decided where to live :) in the mean time i hope your move goes well and you enjoy your first few weeks exploring oz. if there's anything you feel I could help you with don't hesitate to get on touch. Yvonne x

It is hard when your kids don't seem to be settling in so well. We live in Redcliffe and have been here for nearly 6 years. We have 2 girls but they are just turned 12 and nearly 16. What school does he go to? Have you tried speaking to them? Does he have any interests or sports that he likes? There are so many clubs etc in North Lakes and here in Redcliffe. My younger daughter has made lots of friends by going to little athletics and continues to go each year now to be with these friends more than the athletics I think. Good luck, Elena