register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

ReZ

Hello everyone! :)

Hi all,

My name is Matt, I'm currently living in the UK but I have an Australian visa already as my dad has lived in Sydney for about 5 years now. Myself and 3 of my very close friends (basically brothers) are planning to move to Australia, just outside of Sydney, in 2015. We plan to get a mortgage on a house, build it up and sell it on when we're ready, and maybe start a building firm there or some sort of business eventually.

So we're all going to sign up to this site and we're gna have a heap of questions to ask!

Speak to you soon!

-Matt

Wow that all sounds very exciting :) good luck and you'll get lots of support and advice here :)

We're so excited! There's nothing for us young people in the UK anymore.. Thanks! :)

Welcome. What type if visa do you have? Pr visas normally expire after five years, so just thought it was worth mentioning if your dad has been there that long. Check the dates on it.

Has two beautiful Aussie little girls :-)

Welcome. What type if visa do you have? Pr visas normally expire after five years, so just thought it was worth mentioning if your dad has been there that long. Check the dates on it.

Thanks for mentioning that, my Dad is checking for me but he thinks because I have visited once per year for those 5 years, it shouldn't be an issue but we will check!

Thanks for mentioning that, my Dad is checking for me but he thinks because I have visited once per year for those 5 years, it shouldn't be an issue but we will check!

He is wrong. It doesn't matter if you have lived the last five years full time in oz. Your pr visa expires five years after grant. If you are still in oz it isn't a problem until you wish to leave the country, when you need to apply for a return resident visa. If living in oz this is easy. If you have never lived in oz and only visited it can be very hard.

Ps, his visa will also have expired after five years, it isn't just because you are not in the country.