removal companies

Guest landerson78

Guest landerson78

HI can anyone recommend removal companies to go with. We are moving from Scotland to Brisbane. Had a quote from Crown and was quite interested in using them but they are not responding to my emails or calls:arghh: so that has put me off a bit. Any suggestions welcome:smile:.

Thanks

Lou

Guest T and family

hi we have just had crown relocations pack us ppu on friday and have to say we have moved house 5 times in the last 9 years and they have been the best we have ever had... great guys v v proffesional went through everything.. and to our joy its going to land in 6 weeks!

can't praise them enough.... they weren't the cheapest but we are very happy with there services so far...

will see if its as good the other end

xtx

HI can anyone recommend removal companies to go with. We are moving from Scotland to Brisbane. Had a quote from Crown and was quite interested in using them but they are not responding to my emails or calls:arghh: so that has put me off a bit. Any suggestions welcome:smile:.

Thanks

Lou

Hi Lou

We had an Essex PIO Meet yesterday, and the same thing was said so many times about Crown not returning calls, such a shame as they normally have such a good reputation. People were recommending Pickfords maybe give them a go to.

Good luck and keep us updated on who you used and why

Thanks Regards

Guest Andrea Bridge

Hi Lou

We had an Essex PIO Meet yesterday, and the same thing was said so many times about Crown not returning calls, such a shame as they normally have such a good reputation. People were recommending Pickfords maybe give them a go to.

Good luck and keep us updated on who you used and why

Thanks Regards

Same for us... we asked for a quote from them weeks ago. We heard nothing, and chased and chased and chased.

Eventually, the rang yesterday, and said that they would like to know what everyone else thought we needed, in terms of a 40ft or a 20ft, then they would quote accordingly! I told them that I thought that was not only very off, but very lazy too! She says that that is just the way they operate... Oh well, do that then, just not for us!

We are going with Simpsons, although they have not been forthcoming with any advice on cleaning, disinfectants, white goods or anything.

None of them have been great, I have to say. I thought they would be full on, as we need a 40ft, at least. Not so.... don't think they can be bothered. Some attitude!

Andrea

Guest michele'n'michael

Thanks

Hi we used Doree Bonner & so far(we don't fly 'till 28 march) they have been brill. Dismantled furniture for us etc & the guys who packed were very friendly. My friend used them too & had no probs either!

Good luck Michele

Guest chellemounfield@aol.com

Hi,

My brother used crown a couple of months ago and said they were really good, efficient and very professional.

We went to an expo yesterday in Manchester and a company called PSS removals gave us some advice and are going to come and give us a quote. Just another company to consider.

Good luck,

Guest landerson78

thanks guys:smile: this info is helpful, I was really interested in going with crown as they seemed really professional but when I phoned the office to see about going ahead with the quote they seemed quite un helpful and that has really put me off as they have nt even got my business yet and they were like that!!:no: Im going to look into some of the other ones you have mentioned.

Cheers

Lou

• 3 months later...
Guest mrsjjm

hi my names joanne, myself and my family are moving to brisbane from scotland and are looking for a removal company ! what one did you end up using and were they any good lol!any info wud b gr8 thanks jo x

We have had 3 quotes so far, John Mason's, Doree Boner & Excess international. I have to say that i dislked the guy that came to quote for us from Doree Bonner talk about rude and stuck up,he wasn't at all forthcoming on tips and advice for us , i don't know why i didn't throw him out to be honest, it was that bad and to boot there quote was the most expensive. John Masons were ok, but Excess international were exeptional, very upfront with how much white goods cost to take, whats worth taking, how to clean stuff, what not to take ie plant material etc Xmas stuff and the like. He stayed an hour and a half and was quite happy to answer any questions. The quote was very proffessional having everything on a memory stick which he gave us before he left as everythihg he did was done on a laptop, and he phoned 2 weeks later to check in with us. So on that basis we will be using them. Hope the rest of the service is as good.

Anyone used them???

Still can't believe how expensive it is to ship stuff.

Alison x

Guest THE HUTSONS

Hi there. We too have not had a reply to our many calls/website request to Crown, and we were keen to use them due to the positive comments on here regarding them.

We have today had Pickfords here to give us a quote. I was very impressed with their service so far, but I haven't seen the quote as yet! They will email us within 2 to 3 days with the quote. The guy who came round was very efficient and answered all our questions.

Crown must have too much business!!

Guest tahe49

I have had 3 quotes and contacted crown but still not heard anything back, I will not contact them though - looks like they don't want the business that much. Am going with John Mason's as they have been very helpful and friendly and basically are appreciative of the business.

PS. Managed to get the insurance percentage down to 2.5 from 3% as well.

Hi,

We used Doree Bonnar and have nothing but good things to say about them. We are from Motherwell, so possibly would be dealing with the same people.

We contacted about 5 different companies and they stood out by far over the others. Price is pretty much the same no matter who you go with.

The guys who came to our house were very efficient and friendly, and the 2 guys in charge of the company were also very helpful - my wife and I were constantly on the phone needing help with forms and other advice and they were always good to deal with.

Now that we are in Oz we have contacted Grace, which is the Australia based company they work with and they too have been really helpfull, they will contact us in a few weeks when it arrives. All in it should be about 8 weeks from leaving Scotland to arrival in Melbourne.

Hope this helps.

DSL

Guest Chrissymac

hi guys

Can any one tell me how much they paid for their removals. I have had a quote from Team Relocations however it is over $2000 more than the company are willing to pay for our removals. Just wondered if anyone had had a 40ft container and how much they paid for it. We have to use Wridgeways in Australia so the company we choose here in the Uk has to be able to work with them out there. Nightmare

Chrissy mac

• 1 month later...
Guest tomandmillie

Hi. Re removals from UK 2 OZ. Be aware of what type of container you are needing. A 20ft will be all yours and there's enough room to put everything from a 3 bed semi in. If you order a 40ft container there's the possibility it could be shared with other peoples belonging's and the trip could take twice as long as the shippers will wait until the last box from the 2nd customer is loaded. Our container took 6 weeks to arrive from Southampton 2 Melbourne. This is the normal time, 5 weeks at sea & the rest is customs. The container will be stripped out in Melbourne for customs inspection.

How do i know this? 30 years in international road transport helps.

hi guys

Can any one tell me how much they paid for their removals. I have had a quote from Team Relocations however it is over $2000 more than the company are willing to pay for our removals. Just wondered if anyone had had a 40ft container and how much they paid for it. We have to use Wridgeways in Australia so the company we choose here in the Uk has to be able to work with them out there. Nightmare

Chrissy mac

Pickfords have just quoted me about £3200 for a 20 foot container.

It would be about 3/4 full they reckon, and if I was to wait and get somebody else to share with, I was going to save about £400.

Really helpfull-told me what to take/ what not to bother with etc.

we have a few nice bits of furnitue, including a marble table, which they said they would need 2 days in our house to pack, and make up shipping crates for etc.

So, in summary:

Come to house, pack everything up, ship to Brisbane, do customs stuff, store furniture for up to 60 days, and deliver and unpack at new address.

Also, they pointed out, Pickfords is out in Aus as well, and as they do all packing etc, they usually find no problems with customs etc going through all the sparate boxes etc.

Hi Mrsjjm

We used Pickfords last June to move us from Scotland to Melbourne, couldn't fault them at either end. They were always reachable by phone or email, by phone if they were engaged you could leave a message and they always replied. They have a depot in Glasgow too.

Mike.

Guest The Greens

Thanks

Lou

Hey Lou how ya doing?

We used Crown and they have in the last 3 weeks delivered our stuff here in Brisbane. I don't know if you read my post about it but its below,

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/news-gossip-chat/40561-movers-crown-dethroned.html

In the Uk (Birmingham office) they were fab, here in Brisbane, they were rubbish, and that's an up to date factual response. You have to go with your gut feeling I think and check out a few good quotes as well.

Good Luck,

EMMY

The only advice I can giv , is make sure you get as much in the container as possible. There is always going to be some personal belongings that you willhave to fly with and perhaps even pay excess luggage on, but try and limit this as much as possible.

Excess luggage is ap prox £35 per kg and it can be a nasty shock.

If you need any help with with this let me know and I will help.

• 2 months later...

We used Crown from Scotland to Brisbane and initially thought they were ok, they were the most expensive and we really fell for Linda's sale patter BUT once they have your money forget getting any sort of customer service. The Livingston office is rubbish, they never return calls or emails and you have to chase them all the time - they thought they would be able to put all our furniture in a 20ft container and then the day it was packed onto the boat I was sent an e-mail to say it had not all fit in, and the overflow would cost me nearly £700 extra! On top of that the stuff they left behind to follow on in a 2nd shipment was part of my settee, my childs car seat and other essential items, rather than garage and spare bedroom stuff... a real lack of forethought when it came to that packing! Needless to say I was annoyed and was even more annoyed when I could not get an ETA for the 2nd shipment. No one is interested in listening, as if an International move with kids is not stressful enough, you have to then keep chasing them for an update. I eventually wrote numerous e-mail to very senior people in Crown who did respond quickly and professionally, all were disappointed I had to resort to contacting them, but then it gets no better...the Brisbane side is just as bad. My first shipment has arrived and there has been some damages and I called 4 times for an insurance claim form, nothing ever arrived so eventually my OH had to drive out to their office at Banyo to collect one and filled it in and delivered it back the next day. They took out a bike and a golf trolley for cleaning as instructed by Customs, charged us $110 and then never deleivered it for 2 weeks..again had to call every other day to chase them and now it has arrived they have obviously not been cleaned...the wheels still have mud in them so thats a rip off/extra money making scam too. My other shipment arrived 2 weeks ago and although I have called about 5 times for an update they still don't know when they will be delivering it, and am still waiting for THEM to call ME for a change. Moral of the story...don't touch Crown unless you want to add to your stress levels and can live with a total lack of customer service.

Sharon

Archived