You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Kooky

Cost of making the move...

No problems, just pleased all my hours spent titivating it are being put to good use!! Have actually updated it this evening with car costs (incase we need to buy a car). For the record, these were estimated at $357.50 :)

Moneycorp

Moneycorp

I love your spreadsheet!!! It's become my life and me and Vanduex are filling it in and researching every night at the moment!!! You are a superstar

Don't have regrets because you were too scared to try something.

Superstar is a strong term . . . it is frying my brain.

Agent Aug 13 IELTS W:8.5 R:9 S:9 L:9 AITSL sent 23rd Oct AITSL +ve 30th Dec EOI 3rd Jan Invite 12th Jan Lodged 15th Jan CO 12th Feb. GRANT 12th Mar '14 Landed Aug '14

Thanks! Glad it's helpful :-) I've actually just deleted that version and uploaded a newer one with more recent exchange rates and a formula to work out the net disposable income (the other spreadsheet had the incomings and outgoings but didn't calculate the difference). It also includes the option of a car (vs living in the CBD). Unfortunately I somehow lost all the Aus grocery prices though, so I'm currently going through all these again, but I've only gotten as far as 'chips' so far, I'm afraid!! :-)

I've just realised this is in the Transport & Shipping section so may need moving to a more appropriate part of the forum... (cheers, mods!) :)

Sorry Hun only just seen this, will move to household and make it a sticky, thanks for sharing

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

Thanks. It's still rather organic so plenty of room for improvement, I'm sure, but at least it should give people a rough idea of costs. I would appreciate any feedback on the figures from people actually living in Aus, as I've extrapolated these from hours of online research and forum-trailing - as opposed to actual experience of living over there - so I may have under / over-estimated in some areas (hopefully over-estimated!!).

I-F :-)

Can someone send me this spreadsheet as tried to open and was blank page. I do have newer version of Excel so unsure if this is the problem? Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you soooo much for sharing. Your spreadsheet is amazing & I applaud your patience & time taken in researching all the details. It's a fantastic help x

Academic Ielts 2/2/13 L9, R8.5, W8, S9. ANMAC received 14/5/13. LOD 7/1/14. EOI submitted 189 visa (60 points) 10/1/14. Invite to apply 26/1/14. Lodged 12/2/14. AHPRA application sent 19/2/14. PCC 18/3/14. CO 25/3/14. Medicals 7/4/14.​ Visa grant 11/4/14. LOE 10/7/14. Rural NSW bound Nov 14.

Scott2013, did you manage to open the spreadsheet? I've just tried and it works for me so perhaps it isn't compatible with your software... It was originally a basic Excel document (the new version of MS Office) but I had to save it as Excel 97-2003 as it was the only way I could get it to upload I'm afraid :-/

This spreadsheet seems to think I might struggle financially... is there an excel formula to fix this lol?

Only kidding, may need to scrimp on foxtel and mobiles until OH finds work, but plenty of time to worry about that.

I'm very pleased you created this as i would have done something of a similar intensity anyway, it's much nicer to just modify yours ;)

Travelled to Australia Holiday and WHV. Quit job to retrain at Uni as a Podiatrist 25/09/2013.

On my journey to applying for 189 in 2016 (if they've not changed again by then lol)

If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, let it. Nobody said that it'd be easy, they just promised it would be worth it!

This spreadsheet seems to think I might struggle financially... is there an excel formula to fix this lol?

Only kidding, may need to scrimp on foxtel and mobiles until OH finds work, but plenty of time to worry about that.

I'm very pleased you created this as i would have done something of a similar intensity anyway, it's much nicer to just modify yours ;)

Ha ha, I'm afraid not! For what it's worth, though, I do have a propensity to overestimate! The figures may not be 100% accurate as they've been extrapolated from talking to forum members and my own online research... If you've noticed anything glaringly over / under-estimated then please let me know :-)

That spreadsheet is intense. I've started my own rather than try and edit my details into yours, but I'm cadging ideas and prices from it - cheers!

IELTS passed 11/08/2014 (R: 9, L: 9, W: 8, S: 8), VETASSESS lodged 16/01/2015, VETASSESS Positive Assessment 17/03/2015, EOI submitted 18/03/2015, Invited 23/04/2015, Visa submitted 30/04/2015, CO allocated 15/06/2015, Medical 25/06/2015, Medical passed 09/07/2015, Visa granted 22/07/2015, Underpants changed 22/07/2015

Just had a chance to look at this - much kudos to you, it's amazing, thanks so much for posting x

"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page"

Thanks Louisella - I've actually been updating it recently - feel free to change it to suit your needs, it has plenty of room for improvement and was just a rough draft (didn't have time to 'perfect' it as I saw this thread and wanted to share it straight away to help out).

Thanks Louisella - I've actually been updating it recently - feel free to change it to suit your needs, it has plenty of room for improvement and was just a rough draft (didn't have time to 'perfect' it as I saw this thread and wanted to share it straight away to help out).

Thans so much for sharing this spreadsheet, you have thought of everything. I am a spreadsheet queen myself, but mine is no where as intense as this!! We appear to be in the same ball park for a lot of things such as groceries and car costs, but i guess we will know for real when we arrive in August. Being an accountant, no doubt I will keep tract, and can update people.

Have you not made the move yet Itchyfeet76?

ELTS Sept 2010, SA Oct 2010 VETASSESS Feb 2011, Application Submitted 19th May 2011. CO 13/12/11 Medicals 17/12/11, PCC 22/12/11.Visa Granted 7/2/12, Flights booked 7/8/14 :smile:

Thanks TeacherBen, I'll give it a go now. The spreadsheet has been updated with last week's exchange rate, whereby $1 = 0.526767p.

Cheers, I-F :-)

PS - It's a work in progress so feel free to modify it / suggest improvements, plus the Groceries bit is half-finished as my hard-drive died and I lost some work as I didn't save it before it crashed :-(

Wowzers, that's amazing! Good work I-F.

Trying to get to Aus since 2008. Finally the end is in sight and we are starting to really plan.

Hubby Student Paramedic (Jan 2017 finish).

Me, hoping to start nursing Feb/Sept 2017.

Please can you forward the spreadsheet to me guys, would really appreciate it :)

Flights booked from Heathrow to Melbourne for the 3rd of August - 3 day stop off in Singapore for my 30th birthday!! :jiggy: