Really excited but just having a slight panic if someone could help please!

Stulatics

Hi,

Hope everyone is Poms in Oz land going well!

I was just wondering if anyone could help me please. I'm going back to England on holiday in nine days. Really looking forward to seeing friends and family again. So excited! I'm going for just over a month (saved up my holiday). This will be my first time returning home since I obtained a 457 visa here a year ago. Do I need to let DIAC know or do anything prior to flying? As far as I know I don't have a 457 label in my passport? Am I okay being out of the country for that long? My employment status will not change (as far as I know!) while I'm away.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks for reading,

Stuart x

No, it's all electronic now adays.

Just take a print out of your visa incase anyone asks, but you will be fine.

My God, another confirmation of my dinosauraus status. I think the only time I ever travelled outside Australia on my British passport was to New Caledonia in 1980, and I had to get a re-entry visa.

Do you still have to get re-entry visas if you are a permanent resident but not a citizen? (I should just ask my brother who refuses to take out Australian citizenship, even after 34 almost unbroken years here.

Do you still have to get re-entry visas if you are a permanent resident but not a citizen? (I should just ask my brother who refuses to take out Australian citizenship, even after 34 almost unbroken years here.

PR visas are generally valid for entry into Australia for five years from grant. So during this time you can come and go as you please. After five years you need a Residents Return Visa (or apply for citizenship if you meet the residency criteria).

Just go on your holiday and enjoy yourself. You are in the system and there won't be any issues. Do not have to tell the DIAC. Have fun :biggrin:

Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone could help me please. I'm going back to England on holiday in nine days. Really looking forward to seeing friends and family again. So excited! I'm going for just over a month (saved up my holiday). This will be my first time returning home since I obtained a 457 visa here a year ago. Do I need to let DIAC know or do anything prior to flying? As far as I know I don't have a 457 label in my passport? Am I okay being out of the country for that long? My employment status will not change (as far as I know!) while I'm away.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks for reading,

Stuart x

PR visas are generally valid for entry into Australia for five years from grant. So during this time you can come and go as you please. After five years you need a Residents Return Visa (or apply for citizenship if you meet the residency criteria).

Thanks, I wondered how it worked? I have a friend on a 457 visa and he is always off on his travels, in and out of Australia. My brother had to travel to the UK urgently a few years back and I think his UK passport had expired, so he was rushing around trying to get a new one AND get a re-entry visa.

Thanks, I wondered how it worked? I have a friend on a 457 visa and he is always off on his travels, in and out of Australia. My brother had to travel to the UK urgently a few years back and I think his UK passport had expired, so he was rushing around trying to get a new one AND get a re-entry visa.

Thanks so much for the feedback guys! Really can't wait for the holiday....then to return and hopefully start the process for PR!

Hi,

Any help appreciated.

Thanks for reading,

Stuart x

Should be fine, you are entitled to take your leave. Personally I like to have a visa label in my passport, but many don't.

Archived