Anyone move from Cornwall or anywhere near there?

Guest vickyt

Guest vickyt

I havnt met anyone from the southwest of England yet!

Hardly anyone over here knows where cornwall is lol:shocked:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Vicky,

Welcome to pomsinoz,

soz to hear that you have not met anyone from Kernow land yet -

I sure know where it is - used to live Penyrn, Falmouth & Mullion so what part of Cornwall are you from ??

Cheers

Gizmo x

ohh yeah im from st.austell

you know where that is?

Vicky yes cause i do -

St Austell not far from Par sort of inbetween Looe & Truro

I have been to St Austell Brewery a few times - nice place.

Alot of Cornwall is very similar to where i live now on the Central coast NSW

gizmo

Guest gullicks

Hi Vicky

I know Cornwall very well. Moved down when I was 9 from up north (20 something years ago) moved to Plymouth when I was 17 to start nurse training.. been here ever since....... My parents still live in Cornwall, village called luxulyan.. i went to Penrice School and Mid Cornwall college, used to work in St Austell as a Satuday girl (those were the days!!!!) and used to go out boogiing in Newquay!! so to answer your question I know Cornwall very well...

Moving to sunshine coast with hubby and 2 children , hopefully around April, May still awaiting visas and then we are off!!!!!!

Take care

Hx

Guest vickyt

Oh i went to penrice school like last year lol

yeah i know where luxulyan is lol

do you like cornwall then?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest robbogang33

Hi, my wife and I are moving to OZ in a couple of weeks and bringing one of our kids with us, our 18 yr old Daughter Leah. We are moving from Plymouth and will be in Sydney for a couple of months then living on Central Coast. How r u finding OZ ?

steve

I know Cornwall very well. Lived there as a child some 40odd years ago in Mullion. went to school in Helston (yes I danced in the Floral dance). Moved back there in 1988 with family and lived in village of Breage,near Helston. My son and his family (+my 4 grandchildren) still live there in Connor Downs near Hayle. I visit every 3 months or so. Got to get my fix of real "Cornish Pasties" and clotted cream. Thinks I must cut down before the dreaded medicals!!!!!!

Rita

I know Cornwall very well. Lived there as a child some 40odd years ago in Mullion. went to school in Helston (yes I danced in the Floral dance). Moved back there in 1988 with family and lived in village of Breage,near Helston. My son and his family (+my 4 grandchildren) still live there in Connor Downs near Hayle. I visit every 3 months or so. Got to get my fix of real "Cornish Pasties" and clotted cream. Thinks I must cut down before the dreaded medicals!!!!!!

Hi ancient brits,

Small world i too have lived in Mullion,my youngest daughter used to go to playgroup at Goonhilly and we often took them to the adventure park at Flambards. Have seen the floral dance in the streets of Helston many times whilst drinking stingo !!!

Still have friends that live in Cornwall - we also lived Falmouth too :cool:

gizmo

Very small world Gizmo. My son+ daughter-in-law and grandchildren used to live in St Kevern, before moving to Hayle last year,and would pass Goonhilly every day. The granchildren would look at the big dishes and say "thats where they send the messages from that go to Uncle Matthew,"(my other son who lives in Sydney Aus). He didn't seem so far away to them. That was in the pre skype days. As for stingo+ the blue anchour, when in Rome!!!!!! We now live in Cardiff.

• 5 months later...

I came from there now in Brisbane

Just joined so getting used to how these posts and threads work.

Be great to hear from you.

We have many Cornish friend here in Brisbane

kernow43

Alistair

Hi

If you need any assistance please contact us. We have been here for 38 years and can help you to settle in. My wife is President of the Cornish Association of Queensland and we have over 200 members, many young like yourselves who are just emigrating. We have 4 people from Falmouth, and next month we have 5 from Indian Queens coming out. Then a young couple from Wadebridge. I am from Redruth & my wife is from Camborne. We have many events through the year including pasty picnics, Cornish afternoon teas and much more!

Please feel free to contact either Alistair or Trish at kernow@orionvisuals.com

If you like I can send you our latest newsletter if I have your email.

I am sure you will like it on the Gold Coast, a great place for young people, one of our members Tristan Wetherelt who recently came out lives down there. Tristan played rugby for Redruth & Cornwall.

What sort of work are you looking for?

Hope to hear from you

Best wishes

Trish & Alistair

Redcliffe Queensland

Hi Vicky

I sent an email to you sometime ago. We have plenty of Cornish folk in our Cornish group, many young folk too. 3 weeks time we have a luncheon at the Regatta Hotel in Coronation Drive.

You can contact me on kernow@orionvisuals.com.

Got a young couple from Wadebridge & another from Indian Queens coming next month to Brisbane

Regards Trish George 07 3284 7790

Guest sheena

redruth girl here!!!

sheena :wubclub:

Hi, my family goes back a long way in Millbrook in 'the forgotten corner' of Cornwall. Does that count? Just got back from a holiday in Cawsand/Kingsand down the road. Seems like there are still plenty of West Country folk keeping up the longstanding tradition of emigrating to the Antipodes. Look at all those familiar place names in Tassie, for example. It'd make me feel quite at home!

Here's a couple of recent pics of Cawsand Bay & beach, overlooking Plymouth Sound.

Guest VFRHOCKS

I know Cornwall/Kernow very well, born and breed until about 10 years ago, moved away but still look back, moving even further away soon, hopefully to Perth area.

Was born in Redruth and raised around there and Cambourne, whole family have always lived there from as far back as I know, apart from myself and my dad (mum and dad devioced when I was young/long time ago). Unfortunatly most of the family down there have pasted away so only a brother and sister left now, so not so much family to leave behind.

• 1 month later...

Archived