State sponsorship- HELP!!!

Mart86

Hi everyone, can anyone help please last April me and my partner were about to start a 190 visa to wa but had some financial problems and couldn't start before July 1st when new criteria came out luckily were still on to proceed with the visa but the Mara registered agent has said the visa in now around $6160 to submit an increase from $3060 for all three of us (myself, partner and child). That's just the visa not anything else, but I haven't heard anyone mention this before any help would be gratefully accepted, also could I do this visa myself or is it to complicated that's why the agent wants £3000 to do it.

thanks Martin

Guest guest30085

Hi Mart

Yes unfortunately there have been two price increases since July, the first one was to charge for each dependent, the second one just a general increase on all prices. It has increased considerably since the last financial year (pre July).

If you have a fairly straight forward case then there is nothing to stop you preceding on your own, it's an entirely personal decision. There are a few things that have tripped people up like claiming for pre-qualification work experience for example, but each case is different, but plenty of people have sorted their own application out. Good luck with it all :)

Edited by guest30085

As previously stated, if your case is straight forward and it looks like you will score enough points, go for it. Check your job is on and submit your EOI. Get your skills assessed by the relevant agency, sit IELTS if needed then apply for State Sponsorship. Hopefully you will then receive an invite to apply proper. I found this web forum to be fantastic for help if you need it at any point too. Good luck!

Guest guest30085

Mart, you dont say how far you are into the process but remember you must have a positive skills assessment from the relevant assessing authority for your occupation and the IELTS results if you need the points BEFORE you submit the expression of interest. Also, WA have now changed the way the process applications for state sponsorship, so on your expression of interest you indicate you want sponsorship from WA, then await their invitation to apply.

Thanks for your posts with regards to the Vetasess and ielts all done and positive and have enough points as been to see a migration expert that confirms we have enough points so its pretty straight forward I guess. It's just the eoi that may stump me as I have heard that has to be pretty bob on as that what's the trickiest part and gets people out. Also I heard with WA that they kind of dictate where ya go on a state sponsor visa, I was in Perth for 4 years and wanna go back there the only reason I'm back in the uk is the idiots in the immi who surely haven't even got a level 5 in ielts.

thanks again for your posts