Wedding Venues in Perth

Poms

Hello

We have recently moved to Perth and are planning to get married over here.

I was just wondering if anyone can recommend any nice wedding venues in Perth that arent too expensive?

Ive heard that there are a few venues in the Swan Valley that do weddings.

We are planning a fairly small wedding as we dont have much family over here.

thanks

We got married last year at The BlueWater Grill at Applecross. You pay Melville Council to use the lawned area in front of the restaurant and had the reception on the terrace of the restaurant. We only had about 30 people at the wedding (20 adults and 10 children) and I was amazed how much cheaper it was than the wineries. We obviously researched loads of places in Perth first and found they all wanted minimum 50 or 60 people. PM me if you would like pics or telephone numbers of celebrant, photographer, etc. I'm not saying it was cheap but i'am Scottish so let's just say I'm canny with my money! :-) The day was absolutely perfect. :)

Hello

I was just wondering if anyone can recommend any nice wedding venues in Perth that arent too expensive?

thanks

We got married last year at The BlueWater Grill at Applecross. You pay Melville Council to use the lawned area in front of the restaurant and had the reception on the terrace of the restaurant. We only had about 30 people at the wedding (20 adults and 10 children) and I was amazed how much cheaper it was than the wineries. We obviously researched loads of places in Perth first and found they all wanted minimum 50 or 60 people. PM me if you would like pics or telephone numbers of celebrant, photographer, etc. I'm not saying it was cheap but i'am Scottish so let's just say I'm canny with my money! :-) The day was absolutely perfect. :)

Completely OT but I noticed you're living in Stockton, are from Scotland and are moving to Perth. I'm from Middlesbrough, lived in Perth and moved to Scotland :)

• 2 weeks later...
Completely OT but I noticed you're living in Stockton, are from Scotland and are moving to Perth. I'm from Middlesbrough, lived in Perth and moved to Scotland :)

We are getting married at the Sunken garden at the University of Western Australia

Our wedding reception is at the Duxton... both right close to the city and easily accessable for all our guests!

Id reccomend using easy weddings, its brill to find things etc!

We are getting married at the Sunken garden at the University of Western Australia

Our wedding reception is at the Duxton... both right close to the city and easily accessable for all our guests!

Id reccomend using easy weddings, its brill to find things etc!

How beautiful - my daughter attends UWA and I love the grounds.

To the OP, Araleun is another venue - but don't know how much it costs.

Got married on Cott beach, and went to Indianna's for a reception.

Think the cost to the council was $37 from memory.

We have photos at the Arch, the sundial, on the cliffs with the ocean behind us, on the beach, and in front of the life savers & building.

Was a great feeling, and was funny to be fully suited and booted on the beach surrounded by strangers in beach wear (we got married in Jan and it was 40+ deg). The congratulations we received and strangers offering to help the cameraman take photos (with reflective screens, and getting people out of shot) were amazing.

Made the day feel more special that people we didn't know wanted to assist and wish us the best.

Edited by Bibbs

• 6 months later...
Hello

thanks

Hello, I would like to make you aware of how Caversham House operates. My fiancée and I are getting married in November 2015, and we booked our venue for our wedding at Caversham House in July of last year (2013). We paid a $2500.00 deposit, and it wasn't until February this year when we contacted Caversham to confirm the consequence of having less that 100 people we became aware this would be a problem for us. We though the consequence was a a table surcharge of $40 per table of 8 that was not filled. What we were told by Caversham House was that we would be charged a minimum per head cost if we did not reach the minimum 100 numbers. At around $90 per head and an expected capacity of 50 - 70 guests this would be an additional cost of between $2700 - $4500. On a wedding venue / reception that we estimated would have cost us $20,000 alone, this was not an additional cost we could afford, as we are planning on selling our house next year to fund the majority of the wedding. So we decided rather than let the stress of the finances ruin our day we cancelled our booking.

We have tried to get our deposit back, even though their Terms & Conditions say that is non-refundable, but with the knowledge of the popularity of the venue and also with the wedding being 20 months away still, we found this unreasonable, but so far they have only offered us 50%, which we have taken, and are grateful for, but have asked them that when they re-secure another booking for that date, can they please return the rest of our deposit, as they have not lost any money in the process of all of this. They are now ignoring our request, and it is causing great stress on my fiancée and I. Be careful when you book your day here, as there is no sympathy from this place, they run it like a business, and their first priority is their bottom line - profits.

Whiteman Park do nice weddings near the Mussel Pool. They havea couple of wedding coordinators who can help you sort things out. The park is free to enter so it is easy to go and have a look in your own time and see if it is a place where you would like to tie the knot. If it came to renewing our vows, it would certainly be the first place on our list.

I'm curious about this too much to Rick's horror, ha ha! We'd thought about something very very low key like a reception on the beach with a few guests (I gather this is free on Rockingham beaches according to their website), and then a nice meal somewhere around Rocko, Freo or maybe the city. If anyone has any recommendations for nice restaurants with a good view that would be suitable for a special occasion, then that would be great! I'd thought about maybe Char Char in Freo, but not sure whether that's really 'special' enough? :biggrin:

I went over to Oz for my sisters wedding 12/12/12 at 12o'clock, she got married at a winery in the hills around Ellenbrook area. Knowing my sister and her husband it will have been very good value, they had the whole place for the day. The food was fantastic and the wine was free!

If you're interested drop me a PM and I'll get some more details for you.

I'm curious about this too much to Rick's horror, ha ha! We'd thought about something very very low key like a reception on the beach with a few guests (I gather this is free on Rockingham beaches according to their website), and then a nice meal somewhere around Rocko, Freo or maybe the city. If anyone has any recommendations for nice restaurants with a good view that would be suitable for a special occasion, then that would be great! I'd thought about maybe Char Char in Freo, but not sure whether that's really 'special' enough? :biggrin:

The tapas bar on Rocky foresure (Rustico's) would perfect for that, they do amazing relaxed food and a great wine list with large tables and ocean views.

The tapas bar on Rocky foresure (Rustico's) would perfect for that, they do amazing relaxed food and a great wine list with large tables and ocean views.

I'd had a nosey at that place online too, but I wasn't sure whether the views were obscured by trees on the front or not. The menu did look lovely though, so we'll have to give it a go for a meal once we get there. Thanks for the suggestion :biggrin:

• 2 weeks later...

my bestie got married last year at the Roundhouse at fremantle- amazing views across the ocean, and quite cheap- they put out chairs for you and you can get ready inside the roundhouse.

the reception was at little creatures brewery- but that was most definitely not a cheap option! the roundhouse venue lovely though! x