189 August '13 thread

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Things are just going painfully slow it seems and I am a few weeks behind you - lodged on 31st. Looking at some other threads and forums some of the 190 applicants in August don't even have case officers yet and they are allocated within 5 weeks!!! So we still a few weeks behind them :( can't wait till we start seeing case officers. I was feeling hopeful maybe next week but think I will hope to hear by end of October at this rate :(

Things are just going painfully slow it seems and I am a few weeks behind you - lodged on 31st. Looking at some other threads and forums some of the 190 applicants in August don't even have case officers yet and they are allocated within 5 weeks!!! So we still a few weeks behind them :( can't wait till we start seeing case officers. I was feeling hopeful maybe next week but think I will hope to hear by end of October at this rate :(

Someone from another forum had a case officer assigned today and they lodged 10th august. Having said that another forum user from same site lodged on the 7th August and were allocated 30th septemer. If you look at the EOI reports for july and august there was a very high volume, more than in june but september went back down. So i guess we will will be waiting longer than June applicants for CO assignment. Both 189 visas

Edited by james007

No news for us as yet...:dull:

Called DIAC today. We were allocated to Team 33 Brisbane yesterday 9th October 2013, although I do not have a case officer just yet...

Which number did you call?

131881 from within Australia... Usually on hold for 20-30 mins and then you may or may not get an advisor that is willing to tell you what the detailed status is as I explained before - all down to luck but if you try enough times you obviously increase your chances!

Good luck mate

Called DIAC today. We were allocated to Team 33 Brisbane yesterday 9th October 2013, although I do not have a case officer just yet...

Good news! Brisbane 33 is a fastest team as we can see in other topics :)

Want to have news toooo.... But still nothing

Good news! Brisbane 33 is a fastest team as we can see in other topics :)

Want to have news toooo.... But still nothing

Really?? That's great news if so. I see you lodged your visa 1 day after us so hopefully neither of us will be waiting too much longer!

Really?? That's great news if so. I see you lodged your visa 1 day after us so hopefully neither of us will be waiting too much longer!

Congrats AU57EN, another step closer :) Im around a week later than you in submitting mine. I have done PCC and medical also to try and speed things up. I see you done Form 80 etc as well.

I may also decide to fill these forms in now whilst I am waiting for team & CO! My agent says its unlikely I will get asked to do them but I see plenty of people on here that have too. Does anyone know why form 80 is done by some and not others? Are people randomly selected?

131881 from within Australia... Usually on hold for 20-30 mins and then you may or may not get an advisor that is willing to tell you what the detailed status is as I explained before - all down to luck but if you try enough times you obviously increase your chances!

Good luck mate

I always call the other number. Fingers crossed lads

False alarm!

I received an email this morning and on my phone it showed a preview as 'SkillSelect@immi.gov.au via'. Naturally I was excited. Turned out to be "SkillSelect@immi.gov.au via surveymoney"

"Dear SkillSelect User The Department of Immigration and Border Protection (formerly the Department of Immigration and Citizenship) is conducting a survey of clients who have received an invitation to lodge a skilled visa application through SkillSelect. We would like to ask you about your experience with the department and the SkillSelect system..."

Damn, ha.

False alarm!

I received an email this morning and on my phone it showed a preview as 'SkillSelect@immi.gov.au via'. Naturally I was excited. Turned out to be "SkillSelect@immi.gov.au via surveymoney"

"Dear SkillSelect User The Department of Immigration and Border Protection (formerly the Department of Immigration and Citizenship) is conducting a survey of clients who have received an invitation to lodge a skilled visa application through SkillSelect. We would like to ask you about your experience with the department and the SkillSelect system..."

Damn, ha.

I was the same. Grrrrr

Looking through some of the forums last hour (you would think I have no work to do) it appears that the last OFFSHORE pplicant for the 189 to get a case officer submitted on the 11th August and got case officer on the 9/10. Can't find anyone who submitted after that having a case officer yet? Is there? So we def have another week or even another 2 week wait for me :(