189 August '13 thread

Hi, I see there is a thread for the guys that lodged / submitted their 189 visas in September '13, so I thought I'd start one for the August 189'ers!

We submitted ours on 19th August '13.... Any others in the same boat as us?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, I see there is a thread for the guys that lodged / submitted their 189 visas in September '13, so I thought I'd start one for the August 189'ers!We submitted ours on 19th August '13.... Any others in the same boat as us?Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Will be interesting to see how many of us are in the august boat and how far people have progressed

Hi there

i also submitted in August on the 31st. Front loaded PCC and have Medicals for our family of 5 on Monday :) we are hoping to be in Melbourne by January 15th so really feelin the pressure of the wait already. Hoping recent timelines of 10 weeks to get a case officer remain.

Good luck to all x

Hi All,

I have a feeling for August 2013 applicants case officers will be assigned mostly in the first week of October 2013.

Do keep us all informed..

That would be great, but we'll have to wait and see...

Visa for me I know where you are coming from. I am so stressed already don't know how I will make it through next few weeks. I am an inpatient person at the best of times... I submitted 31/8 just behind you so if I get case officer within 10 weeks that will be by mid November and then hopefully visa by mid dec. Medicals done and PCC done. We hope to fly out 14th January. I have taken 3 months of work to get ready to go oct/nov/dec. timeline is really tight .... The stress is going to kill me :(

Hi everyone, The Hubby's 189 was logged on 28th Aug, checking emails daily awaiting for out C/O to be assigned. Had some bad news today our dog failed the Rabies bloods so that will have to be carried out again !!

Not had police / medicals done yet as advised to wait until we are asked to have them done.

Visa for me I know where you are coming from. I am so stressed already don't know how I will make it through next few weeks. I am an inpatient person at the best of times... I submitted 31/8 just behind you so if I get case officer within 10 weeks that will be by mid November and then hopefully visa by mid dec. Medicals done and PCC done. We hope to fly out 14th January. I have taken 3 months of work to get ready to go oct/nov/dec. timeline is really tight .... The stress is going to kill me :(

Man that is tight. Going on previous timelines you should be ok though if nothing goes wrong and you have all the documents uploaded.

Folks,

Thought I'd share this with anyone who might be interested. The Google doc at the following link https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0Ag7E0rVMz1AEdFJrRVduTHEtN3ZBVGRNZ2R2d2hsclE&type=view&gid=0&f=true&colid0=60&filterstr0=189&sortcolid=80&sortasc=false&rowsperpage=250 has been compiled by a user on another forum and it's a great bit of info to see how applications are tracking.

Folks,

Thought I'd share this with anyone who might be interested. The Google doc at the following link https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0Ag7E0rVMz1AEdFJrRVduTHEtN3ZBVGRNZ2R2d2hsclE&type=view&gid=0&f=true&colid0=60&filterstr0=189&sortcolid=80&sortasc=false&rowsperpage=250 has been compiled by a user on another forum and it's a great bit of info to see how applications are tracking.

Thanks mate, great link!

Lodged 28th Aug. Let the waiting begin...

I have been thinkng about it all. I am male. but I think this visa lark is just like being pregnant. You do all you can, then have to wait a very long time before anything happens. but in the end you get a very nice suprise and life is good......

We lodged our visa 6 weeks ago now in mid-August (19th). Hoping to buck the trend and hear something from DIAC this week! A grant would be awesome!

Good luck to everyone else playing the waiting game also!