189 Visa - Sept 2013 Applicants

batman21

Got our police certificates through today, which was the last thing we were waiting for, so now all documents front loaded, just waiting for CO/Grant :-)

Quick question,when uploading the police certs, do they police clearance certificate come under "form character requirements penal clearance certificate" or "overseas police clearance - national"

Edited by Joeybee

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got our police certificates through today, which was the last thing we were waiting for, so now all documents front loaded, just waiting for CO/Grant :-)

Quick question,when uploading the police certs, do they police clearance certificate come under "form character requirements penal clearance certificate" or "overseas police clearance - national"

Hi Joeybee, I uploaded mine under "overseas police clearance - national''. I think the other is used for a form filled for that purpose, (although I am sure).

Hi guys

does anyone have any experience through vetassess and the interview stage? We have a successful outcome on the first stage and now my OH either has to do a skype interview or go along and do a practical assessment. He is a diesel motor mechanic. We were curious as to what kind of questions they may say and how long it will take? Any info much appreciated

thanks in advance

kellie

I applied on the 10th sept too. Heard nothing from the CO yet. But when I called they told me that if a CO is allocated they wont get in contact with us unless they need something. so waiting....

Hi all,

We applied on the 10th September. CO allocated today Brisbane Team 33!

I'd better go book our medical...... Excited!!!!

it won't be long now September gang

I applied on the 10th sept too. Heard nothing from the CO yet. But when I called they told me that if a CO is allocated they wont get in contact with us unless they need something. so waiting....

Yes that's right, they've only requested medicals & police checks!

have you already done yours? Guess your just waiting for the "Grant" email...

very exciting, good luck :biggrin:

Congrats Nomicon!!!! That means we are not far behind....

Cheers :)

When I had met a similar "service is temporarily unavailable" message in the past, it was usually followed by a update on the application, i.e. Things changed from "recommended" to "received"

Hi all,

We applied on the 10th September. CO allocated today Brisbane Team 33!

I'd better go book our medical...... Excited!!!!

it won't be long now September gang

This is good news. This is an indication that my time is gradually approaching.Brace up, September gang!

Well this morning has kicked off to an awesome start!

We received our grant at 7:45am! Application went in on the 17th September!

Team 33 Brisbane CO was LR.

Now just waiting on AHPRA and we will be on a plane Jan 1st 2014.

Congratulations Nomicon, Ilove this news!

Finally recieved the direct grant from brisbane 33 initials lp earlier this morning...applied on 16 sep 2013..everything was uploaded in the front..

Congratulations JAGJIT; I wish myself and every September gang the same direct grant luck.... I am loving this!

Guys .. forgive me if this question sounds silly..

I saw online today that documents attached have been received on 8/11/2013 ( yesterday ). Character and health are recommended.. Does this mean a Case office is allocated yesterday?

Appreciate if someone can explain

I saw online today that documents attached have been received on 8/11/2013 ( yesterday ). Character and health are recommended.. Does this mean a Case office is allocated yesterday?

Not neccessarily a CO, it means someone from DIAC has checked your documents... I hope this helps.

Hello,I'm a nursing student and only took academic IELTS before and received 7 for overall score. However,

what confuse me is that when I applying for PR with 189 visa. May I go for a gerneral training to get higher score or I can only use acdemic score to apply for 189 visa?

Thanks a lots in advance !! :smile:

Regards,

Ines

This means that you are already allocated a CO, and she is working on your case. PCC and medicals "recommended" means she has not received these docs from medibank or AFP, When PCC and medicals are changed to received you will be fine. As far as i know, checking PCC and medicals are the last steps of considering an application. Assuming every documents are met, you will get your grant very soon...

Hi Long Pen

Congrats on your grant!!!! Do you know if the "recommended" changes to "required".

In my case my agent has advised not to do medicals and PCC unless the CO advises...So i was wondering whether the status "required" is ripe to do medicals and PCC..?

Hi, I did the visa application by myself. I would suggest you NOT to wait until CO advises IF you want to speed up ur grant. As many reasons, this delay could be up to 1,2 months easily. Do PCC and meds ASAP as meds needs more than 1 week to be cleared and PCC would cost time as well.

Hello,I'm a nursing student and only took academic IELTS before and received 7 for overall score. However,

what confuse me is that when I applying for PR with 189 visa. May I go for a gerneral training to get higher score or I can only use acdemic score to apply for 189 visa?

Thanks a lots in advance !! :smile:

Regards,

Ines

For migration purposes its general ielts..but your skills assesment may require academic..