189 Visa - Sept 2013 Applicants

batman21

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought I'd update here and see where everyone else is up to.

I submitted the visa on 21st September, had the health checks on the 2nd October and am sending off form for police check tomorrow. No CO yet, but I believe that people who submitted their visas in August are starting to get CO's and grants now, so I'm keeping everything crossed that so long as I get all the documents uploaded (which I've almost done) the grant should come quickly after the CO.

I'm not sure whether the Health checks went through okay, a week after I had the health checks, the e-lodgement page changed to say "no need for health checks for this applicant" for both me and my Husband. I'm presuming the health checks have been cleared???

Applied to AHPRA on 15th October. They got in touch today to say the payment didn't go through (I'm presuming because I used a debit, not credit card, so my bad). They also said they need me to re-send all the documents that had to be certified, as they aren't happy with the person who certified them. I used a solicitor, this was fine with ANMAC...apparently not for AHPRA, so I'm seeing a notary public on Monday and re-sending all the docs again. (Another £100 to add to all the other expenses!) :-(

But once I've ironed out these few bumps, everything should be okay.

One more query,

I'm confused about form 80. It's not requested on the check-list for the documents needed for 189 visas, but I've noticed that some people have been asked to submit it, so me and husband have filled a form 80 out each anyway.

I'm dying to get to Australia for Christmas to spend it with the family we'll be staying with in Perth, but realistically I think it'll be January. Anyone else expecting to be moving out around that time? How is everyone else getting along?

Just had a re-read through the thread, we also had a "helpful" email from AHPRA stating the documents submitted were not certified by a recognised person. And that a deadline of 7th November was set for the correct documents to arrive, otherwise the application would be binned.

Frantic trip to the notary, who charges £225 per hour (hell of a racket if you can get into it!), all done, wallet suitably lighter. Then time to courier it to make damn sure they arrive on time, only the address for mail is a PO box and FedEx etc don't service those... More money later at the post office and all sent.

Email the representative who contacted us initially to state that they would have them ASAP, only to be greeted with a out of office mail stating they would return on the 3rd November...

Still, they have confirmed receipt so I assume a co-worker is dealing with it.

Medicals are booked for Monday, once that's sent off it's just a waiting game.

We are also aiming for Perth/Bunbury/Dawesville area.

Anyone know a Rugby Union team in WA? :lol:

Just had a re-read through the thread, we also had a "helpful" email from AHPRA stating the documents submitted were not certified by a recognised person. And that a deadline of 7th November was set for the correct documents to arrive, otherwise the application would be binned.

Frantic trip to the notary, who charges £225 per hour (hell of a racket if you can get into it!), all done, wallet suitably lighter. Then time to courier it to make damn sure they arrive on time, only the address for mail is a PO box and FedEx etc don't service those... More money later at the post office and all sent.

Email the representative who contacted us initially to state that they would have them ASAP, only to be greeted with a out of office mail stating they would return on the 3rd November...

Still, they have confirmed receipt so I assume a co-worker is dealing with it.

Medicals are booked for Monday, once that's sent off it's just a waiting game.

We are also aiming for Perth/Bunbury/Dawesville area.

Anyone know a Rugby Union team in WA? :lol:

It's frustrating isn't it?! I am sending off all my docs Tuesday morning after the NP signs them. AHPRA gave me a deadline in November too, so I'm very much hoping that the upcoming postal strike doesn't affect the docs getting back to them in time!

Good luck with your medicals.

Have you already sent off for the police checks?

Yup, all police checks came back a week or so ago and uploaded already.

Medicals are going to be interesting, I fear trying to contain 4 under 5's may lead to carnage. :biglaugh:

Also, the website to check the progress of the application is a bit of a nightmare.

On this page:

http://www.immi.gov.au/e_visa/check-progress.htm

I have been clicking the

Anyone have a link to the 100% correct log in page? When do you know if you have been allocated a CO? Will application update or you get an email etc?

Yup, all police checks came back a week or so ago and uploaded already.

Medicals are going to be interesting, I fear trying to contain 4 under 5's may lead to carnage. :biglaugh:

Also, the website to check the progress of the application is a bit of a nightmare.

On this page:

http://www.immi.gov.au/e_visa/check-progress.htm

I have been clicking the

Anyone have a link to the 100% correct log in page? When do you know if you have been allocated a CO? Will application update or you get an email etc?

Hahah have fun trying to keep control then!

https://www.ecom.immi.gov.au/elp/app?login that's what I've been using. If not, I just go on the home page, then 'check progress of online lodged application' then 'log in to eVisa' under teh buisness and innovation heading, which loads the log-in page...strange.

Hahah have fun trying to keep control then!

https://www.ecom.immi.gov.au/elp/app?login that's what I've been using. If not, I just go on the home page, then 'check progress of online lodged application' then 'log in to eVisa' under teh buisness and innovation heading, which loads the log-in page...strange.

Oh its going to be joyous.. haha

That link takes me to the TRN/Password login screen which I have been using. Had a heart attack moment thinking I had uploaded them under the wrong application, however I assume the TRN will route it to the correct section.

hi Joeybee,

Use this link, fill the form and it will tell you the exact status of medicals. https://www.emedical.immi.gov.au/eMedUI/eMedicalClient

Thank-you!

Logged on, and it just had my details, nothing saying the status of the medicals...so i take it this means they haven't cleared yet? I'm confused!

When I log in on the DIAC website, it has said "No health examinations are required for this person for this visa subclass based on the information provided to the Department of Immigration and Citizenship." since a week after we had the medicals.

I had thought this meant the medicals had been cleared, maybe I was wrong.

Edited by Joeybee

Thank-you!

Logged on, and it just had my details, nothing saying the status of the medicals...so i take it this means they haven't cleared yet? I'm confused!

When I log in on the DIAC website, it has said "No health examinations are required for this person for this visa subclass based on the information provided to the Department of Immigration and Citizenship." since a week after we had the medicals.

I had thought this meant the medicals had been cleared, maybe I was wrong.

You are correct, your medicals have actually cleared. I know because mine changed from "referred" to "completed" then when they cleared the link changed to "No health examinations are required for this person for this visa subclass based on the information provided to the Department of Immigration and Citizenship" Although my application is under ENS 186, medicals are the same.

Well the medicals are all done now, £890 later... we managed to leave the hospital relatively unscathed. No idea how!

I was informed they would be updated online by Thursday, so once done it will just be APHRA we are waiting on. And a grant obviously. :)

I contacted my agent so that we could book for our medicals but theey refuse to give us the details and keeps advising not to do medicals till CO advises so.

Its so frustrating as just want it done incase it is reffered for some reason. Dont want to wait an extra month ontop of everything.

But i suppose the main goal is to get the visa grasnted (fingers crossed)

Good luck everyone - not be too much longer :)

I'm waiting for my police certificate to come back (got email to say they received the application form on 25th Oct), and for a letter from the tax dept to be delivered.

Other than that, everything is uploaded and ready.

Every day I'm jumping on the post as soon as it comes through the door. This wait is really frustrating. Probably worse as I moved from Brighton to Cheshire 5 weeks ago, got a temp nursing job the day after I moved here, but still can't start because HR are waiting for references. All I'm doing all day is researching Australia stuff.

But nearly November, this should be the month for us *fingers crossed!*

I'm waiting for my police certificate to come back (got email to say they received the application form on 25th Oct), and for a letter from the tax dept to be delivered.

Other than that, everything is uploaded and ready.

Every day I'm jumping on the post as soon as it comes through the door. This wait is really frustrating. Probably worse as I moved from Brighton to Cheshire 5 weeks ago, got a temp nursing job the day after I moved here, but still can't start because HR are waiting for references. All I'm doing all day is researching Australia stuff.

But nearly November, this should be the month for us *fingers crossed!*

I like 'this should be the month for us' part. Fingers crossed. Dont be apprehensive, your mail will come sooner than you expect.... Just that the waiting is not friendly at all.

I suspect we'll start seeing some September 189 visas being issued this week or next. Ours has been in 8 weeks now, and the August guys are getting theirs issued after 8-9 weeks. I have to admit that I'm checking my e-mail whenever I wake up in the morning to see if I've received anything.

Just saw that many end August applicants are getting grants.. I think Nov is our month..

First week of Sept applicants please keep everyone posted

hi batman21, that is a very good observation. I cant wait to get the golden mail. I also have a feeling that grants will be very fast for september applicants in november!!!

Hi guys,

I submitted my EOI on Wednesday (but 30th by Australian time) and have 75 points. As they invite on the first and third Monday of each month is there a chance I'll get invited to apply on Monday 4th? Or have I missed it due to the time I submitted my EOI??

Thanks

teacherben

Edited by TeacherBen

I noticed that I couldn't log on to check the process of my visa this morning, got excited (don't know why, as I haven't unploaded police cert yet!) and I've noticed now I've logged in that the things that said "required" next to them, now say "received". I don't know whether that means a person has looked at them, or whether it's just an automated system. But it looks nicer anyway!

I'm very much hoping we'll be hearing from some early September applicants soon to say they have grants.

I noticed that I couldn't log on to check the process of my visa this morning, got excited (don't know why, as I haven't unploaded police cert yet!) and I've noticed now I've logged in that the things that said "required" next to them, now say "received". I don't know whether that means a person has looked at them, or whether it's just an automated system. But it looks nicer anyway!

I'm very much hoping we'll be hearing from some early September applicants soon to say they have grants.

I too noticed that, but for the Police check it updated.

They also updated to state "No health examinations are required for this person for this visa subclass based on the information provided to the Department of Immigration and Citizenship."

So I am hoping this means they have been uploaded by the doctors. lol.

I noticed too. Waiting for the much awaited update...