189 Visa - Sept 2013 Applicants

batman21

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HI

Submitted mine on 6th sept. Medicals on 13th Sept, medicals cleared- 20th Sept. Still waiting for my skill assessment (ANMAC)to come back though, Im now in week 14 waiting.

Are you able to apply for visa if ANMAC have not sent LOD yet?, im in 14th week now to but not applied for visa because of that

HI

Submitted mine on 6th sept. Medicals on 13th Sept, medicals cleared- 20th Sept. Still waiting for my skill assessment (ANMAC)to come back though, Im now in week 14 waiting.

What did you apply for on the 6 Sept - Lodge EOI or apply and pay for a visa.

Which visa have you applied for - as skills assessments must be met at time of application for employer sponsored or in 189 visa when EOI is live.

Hi guys, I received invitation to apply 2nd Sept and lodged and paid for visa 12th Sept. Not doing medicals and pcc till next month.

Good luck everyone will be good to see where everyone is in visa stage.

Quick background we got positive skills assessment in august for hubby being a metal machinist and lodged EOI with 70 points.

So glad the skills assessment is over as iv was so stressful.

We are from Scotland and hoping to move to either Perth or the east coast. Depends on job really.

Looking forward to hearing all your stories

Are you able to apply for visa if ANMAC have not sent LOD yet?, im in 14th week now to but not applied for visa because of that

Hi tinaisrar, hope you get your anmac assessment completed soon, I'm sure it will be any day now, as you applied only a few weeks after me. Good luck!

Oooh and to save yourself time when you do get the skills assessment, make scans of your documents so that when you lodge the visa, youre ready to upload everything.

Do you have to front load all documents certificates etc before co has been assigned? Or if there is something missing would they ask for it. Our agent is dealing with it but with our skills assessment they forgot to send our payslips off so would not want something like that to happen with the visa.

Thanks

Lodged EOI on 14th and got invited on the 15th, applied today (20th) for 189 visa. I had 70 points. I'm a nurse, moving out to Perth at first. Does anyone know how long it's taking for case officers to be assigned at the moment?

Guys

I am sure everyone will be assigned by mid of October. My agent says they see Case officers been assigned within 4-5 weeks for 189 visa..

Please keep us posted.

I applied for 189 12/7 I got a CO assigned 19/9 so it took 10 weeks. We too were told about 4-6 weeks but think they have a back log. We were going to wait for CO before booking medicals but because it was taking so long we booked our meds 14/9 (week ago) so hopefully the x-rays and bloods will be being checked today and if all ok forwarded to Sydney. Just completed our Form 80's. I have heard though that when the CO has all the info and is happy it doesn't take long for the visa decision to come through.

Hope this helps for timelines. Good luck all

Hi

I applied for the employer sponsored 189 after the nomination was approved. I did the modified ANMAC skills assessment because I have already been working here for more than 12 months. Why you are able to apply for the employer sponsored 189 before receiving the LOD is you only need to prove you have applied for the modified skills assessment. DIAC will start processing your visa but will only complete it upon receipt of the LOD. i know some of my work mates who have done this and have got a grant before the LOD even comes back, but you also need to include work references from the oz employer who sponsored you and also your tax summary for the previous year and you active AHPRA registration as further proof you have been working in the role you are being sponsored for more than a year. This is only done to save time on visa processing times, like i said the grant will only come when DIAC receives your LOD. But if you have to gp through the EOI route you cannot lodge the visa application before LOD because i believe you actually need the LOD to be able to lodge EOI. Also to prove that you can apply for the 189 employer sponsored beforeyou receive LOD, when you upload docs, it asks you to "upload proof of skills assessment or proof of applying towards a skills assessment" this is where you upload the ANMAC skills assessment tax receipt that clearly shows the date you paid for the skills assessment and also the letter from AHPRA that confirms they have sent all your docs to ANMAC for skills assessment hence modified skills assessment because most of the assessment would have been done by AHPRA for you to get registered to work in OZ.

189 is not an employer sponsored visa - it is the skilled independent visa. The 186 is an employer sponsored visa.

I take it you are not using an agent.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/index/checklists/186-applicant-checklist.pdf

migrarion regulations state that for an application to be valid you must have completed positive skills assessment before you lodge an application.

You should be speaking to a registered migration agent to try and sort this out - I wouldn't be taking migration advice from mates at work.

Thanks for that. I guess it gonna be a long weekend for me. will get in touch with an agent on Monday to try and salvage the situation. Will keep everyone posted so no one makes the same mistake as me. thanks again

Quote from 186 migration regulations

(2) Both of the following apply:

(a) an assessing authority specified by the Minister in an instrument in writing for this subclause, as the assessing authority for the occupation, has assessed the applicant’s skills as suitable for the occupation;

(b) the applicant has been employed in the occupation for at least 3 years on a full‑time basis and at the level of skill required for the occupation.

Hi All,

I am planning to file EOI in 2-3 days for Visa 189 under skill category Software Engineer (261313). My current points are 60 (inclusive of ACS , age , Ielts). Partner skill assessment is still pending , so will be editing EOI for additional 5 points for partner skills to be added.

Does anyone know whether there are chances of getting invitation at 60 points in this nominated occupation category?

Has anyone applied lately under this category Software Engineer (261313)?

Also, Can we update our EOI application with latest Ielts results in the process?

Thanks

Hi tinaisrar, hope you get your anmac assessment completed soon, I'm sure it will be any day now, as you applied only a few weeks after me. Good luck!

Oooh and to save yourself time when you do get the skills assessment, make scans of your documents so that when you lodge the visa, youre ready to upload everything.

Thanks for the advice,yes copying everything as igo along, emailed for update on ANMAC they advised its up to 16 weeks now and will let me know if any issues with documents :S. Just hope there isnt else its a further wait dont know why they would not tell you earlier.Anyway the wait continues! good luck with your application x

Hi Guys I submitted my EOI on 13/9/2013 and got an invitation to apply on the 15th. I was midway through my application on the 22nd when my laptop crashed, I had saved all the pages as I went along. At the end of the application I was supposed to have got a TRN number which never happened as a result of the crash. My bad luck- the e-mail I supplied in my application was wrongly spelt which I realised after the all of this happened:mad:. Now when I am trying to apply for the visa again I am required to add the TRN number which I do not have...moreover when I went into the option of 'Forgot my TRN number' to retreive it, it is channeled to a wrong e-mail address:wacko:.

I tried ringing DIAC 131181 number which is restricted. I rang UK office, they could not help me as the application was incomplete. I have now sent an online form to the technical department and hoping that they will sort it out...I am in waiting now, its slightly annoying actually, nothing is straight forward and you can't talk to any official to help you.

Hope all goes well for all you lovely people out there.

Smitty

Thanks for the advice,yes copying everything as igo along, emailed for update on ANMAC they advised its up to 16 weeks now and will let me know if any issues with documents :S. Just hope there isnt else its a further wait dont know why they would not tell you earlier.Anyway the wait continues! good luck with your application x

I got same reply the day before, but they started mine yesterday , yours shouldn't be long tina

Thanks batman21.

I currently have Ielts score 7 ( have reappeared aiming to get higher score of 8). Although I have submitted my EOI application, will be updating in case i get extra points (Ielts , partner skills) but my agent told 60 points haven't got invitation till now.Fingers crossed , hoping for good ielts score and sooner partner skill assessment results.

• 2 weeks later...