Seriously confused

Aston Ks

Hi guys, I have a problem...I applied for 176 and was a single applicant. Before my grant I was planning to get married and obviously had no plan to include my future wife to my application till I got my grant. And plan was to apply for her visa once I get my visa and I'm in australia.

Anyways so when i was granted my visa there was one visa condition: 8515 - NOT MARRY BEFORE FIRST ENTRY. Well now I'm married and I'll be traveling to australia soon without her. Is there going to be any problem when I try to apply for her visa?

never mind, I did a bit of research, since not officially married, i'll apply for a de facto visa.

You need to provide a little more information.

Have you already validated your visa? When did you get married and when was your visa granted.

Sounds like you are going to have more issues than just applying for a visa for your wife - if you have breached the 8515 condition your visa can be cancelled.

Hi guys, I have a problem...I applied for 176 and was a single applicant. Before my grant I was planning to get married and obviously had no plan to include my future wife to my application till I got my grant. And plan was to apply for her visa once I get my visa and I'm in australia.

Anyways so when i was granted my visa there was one visa condition: 8515 - NOT MARRY BEFORE FIRST ENTRY. Well now I'm married and I'll be traveling to australia soon without her. Is there going to be any problem when I try to apply for her visa?

From what you have posted it looks as if you have not breached your entry conditions. If all you have done is fail to notify the DIAC about your changed circumstances the breach might not be dealt with too harshly, depending on the circumstances. May I suggest that you consult a registered migration agent who has experience in managing this type issue before you commit to a course of action?

Not officially married??? never heard that one before.

He is possibly a Sikh and got married in a Sikh Temple, which does not count as being officially married in the UK. Sikhs then have to have a registry office wedding to make the wedding official in the UK. Not sure if this applies to Muslims and Hindus as well or whether their marriage ceremonies are recognised or not.

He is possibly a Sikh and got married in a Sikh Temple, which does not count as being officially married in the UK. Sikhs then have to have a registry office wedding to make the wedding official in the UK. Not sure if this applies to Muslims and Hindus as well or whether their marriage ceremonies are recognised or not.

Not everyone on the forum are from the UK. If someone is not legally married its a strange question to ask - and state that you are.

Not everyone on the forum are from the UK. If someone is not legally married its a strange question to ask - and state that you are.

Not all wedding ceremonies are recognised as being legal in the country they take place in. In some cases they then have to be formalised in some sort of state approved location/event (eg registry office in the UK). Can the OP elaborate?

Not all wedding ceremonies are recognised as being legal in the country they take place in. In some cases they then have to be formalised in some sort of state approved location/event (eg registry office in the UK). Can the OP elaborate?

This is why I love this forum, I'll just wait to be back from OZ to finally register my marriage officially. and then will apply for her visa.

• 5 years later...