philip6874

School fees starting in Jan 2014

Hi there. Me, my wife and 3 children arrive in Perth on 1st November 2013. We are aware that school fees of $4000 per child are coming into effect in Jan 2014 for each child of a parent on a 457 visa attending a public school. Does anyone know how the payment will work?

Can you pay in monthly instalments or do you have to pay it all up front? We have 3 kids at school age so finding $12000 at the start of the year will be a challenge. Thanks, Philip

Guest Guest26012

As far as I'm aware the fine details have not been decided yet? There has been a huge reaction here opposed to the fees!

The State Government had also announced plans to cut school funding by huge amounts, at present our local public primary is going to be $400,00 worse off while the High School is going to be $700,000 worse off. They are also chopping 300 Education Assistants. It really is all up in the air at the moment and lots if petitions are going on.

Edited by Que Sera, Sera

Apparently this has been delayed until 2015 and it will only be $2000 per child after the first one. Just read it on perth poms so dont know anything else.

It was on the news this morning about the start date being delayed. There is no information yet as to how it is going to be implemented.

If you are looking for help applying to a job, writing a CV, cover letter or answering selection criteria, contact the experts at www.fremantlehr.com.au.

Based in Perth and helping clients worldwide to get the job they want in the company they want.