309/100 partner visa offshore - August applicants

vickyplum

309 sub class granted today, 30 mins after emailing CO to "enquire" about progress! I know I was expecting it but still had a little moment when I saw the email and grant letter.

Now I actually have to make a plan!!

:cool:

Congrats!!! Ronnies tourist visa was approved today as well so even though its not our big one yet, we are excitedly making (short term) plans also!

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many congrats on the visas granted above. Just wondering on 2 questions that seem a common theme on this thread:

1) what level of communication did you have with your CO? I lodged in Feb, was asked for additional docs in March and have submitted all except for the medical check which was requested in that letter but with no timeframe - and not heard anything since (seems standard)

Question 2) any views on when best to take the medical?

Thanks, all advice greatly appreciated.

from my experience and what I've seen from other people posting on here: it's quite normal to hear nothing from your CO between the first email/acknowledgement letter and the email/letter you receive 8-9 months later, granting your visa.

However. Bit confusing that your CO didn't give a time frame for your medical. If it's definitely not in your letter, I would email them back and ask, otherwise you risk not doing them soon enough and prolonging the process. Most letters have a line saying "do your medical after xx/xx/xx date" and that's also the time you need to submit the police check/request.

Many congrats on the visas granted above. Just wondering on 2 questions that seem a common theme on this thread:

1) what level of communication did you have with your CO? I lodged in Feb, was asked for additional docs in March and have submitted all except for the medical check which was requested in that letter but with no timeframe - and not heard anything since (seems standard)

The timeline for the medical was similar to the police check. You haven't mentioned the police check but they normally ask for that around the 3 month mark so if you lodged in Feb it would be around now.

Tremendous - thanks very much. I did the police check just after the application so maybe best to just crack on and get the medical done asap. Very much appreciate the advice.

You should find a HAP number on the initial contact letter which you will need plus a link to the medical centres in your area. Just looked again at my letter and it gave me a date after which I send my police checks and medical. Bear in mind that the police check is only valid for 12 months which is why they suggest not submitting it too soon as it limits your entry window from the date of the visa grant.

Best of luck with it all.

• 3 weeks later...

Ronnie and I emailed our case officer yesterday, as, if anyone recalls, a couple of weeks ago she informed us she was just waiting on his medicals being cleared.

She replied almost immediately stating that she was happy to advise medicals are all good and she will be granting his visa within a couple of days!!

We are at about 9 1/2 months, but were originally quoted "at least 12 months" so are absolutely over the moon!

Of course, not official yet, but that sounds pretty good to me!

:smile:

anyone who has partner visa granted has medical conditions??????

I have certain medical conditions......and am worried if my partner visa might be rejected....................

I totally cannot accept this as I am marrying a citizen....but not ALLOWED into the country because of my so-called medical condition which is now fully supported by my own government..........:arghh:!??!?!?

anyone can share her experience!?

Thanks heaps guys!!

It's come through officially today!!

Have LOVED being able to come on here and get rid of some of my stress/fears by reading others' stories and asking questions!

We're going to book Ronnie's flight for next week! YAY!

So pleased for you, after all the time you've been waiting/worried about it. Get planning those celebrations!

Thanks heaps guys!!

It's come through officially today!!

Have LOVED being able to come on here and get rid of some of my stress/fears by reading others' stories and asking questions!

We're going to book Ronnie's flight for next week! YAY!

• 1 month later...

Hi, I'm new to this thread. My names Tony, I just wanted to log my progress and follow up on any other applicants processing times.

I lodged my 309 Partner Visa on 21st February 2014 online, our CO contacted us in March, all documentation was completed in May, Medical and Police checks were completed at the end of June.

I always like a bit of wishful thinking and have flights booked (but can be changed) in November (81/2 months after lodging my visa).

I'd love to hear about other applicants around this date.

On another note, I recently emailed my case officer for confirmation of my medical checks and I obviously asked for an approximate time frame for my visa to be granted but I didn't get a reply from my case officer, instead I got a reply from a guy named Luis who informed me that if all documentaton is submitted then I should just wait. I thought I had my case officer until my visa is granted and i have purposefully only emailed her twice as to not be annoying. I'm a little annoyed that because I've been a bit more of an "easy customer" that she can't even be bothered to reply to me.

• 4 months later...
anyone who has partner visa granted has medical conditions??????

I have certain medical conditions......and am worried if my partner visa might be rejected....................

I totally cannot accept this as I am marrying a citizen....but not ALLOWED into the country because of my so-called medical condition which is now fully supported by my own government..........:arghh:!??!?!?

anyone can share her experience!?

Depends what the medical condition is. I have several and had no problem getting a spouse vise. And FWIW they are more lenient on medicals for spouse visas than they are for skills :)