Anyone applied for Child Visa 101 this year and if so has it been granted yet? Thanks :)

LadyCroft

I know the answer to this depends on each application but I am just wondering.

We applied for our child visa 101 at the start of April 2013 and were told 6-7 months at the moment.

Our visas expire in December this year so I am just wondering if anyone else has had their child visa granted and what their timescale was.

I read 14 months somewhere ( that was for offshore) but as you say it it's a very individual thing. What do you mean though, your visas are expiring? ah scratch that question- just saw your other post :)

14 months!!!! :shocked:

Well, we are just trying to decide whether to hold off heading over to Oz in case the child visa is granted next month because that would mean we wouldn't have to get a visitor visa for the baby or leave and return to Australia when the child visa is granted.

Maybe the CHild Visa 101 is not one that people really ask about much compared to all the other main visas so thanks for replying.

We were planning on going to australia in oct next yr but with all the visa changes and fees decided to apply. Thinking the whole process would take months. However just waiting for police checks to come back now and will likely get grant once done as CO allocated.

Planning a a family now and end up getting pregnant then will need to re apply for child visa. On immigration website says 3-4 months for low risk countries. At the uk embassy website says 7-8 months.

was wondering if anyone had recently applied and what time frame was?

• 2 weeks later...

I saw 3-4 months on the DIAC website too but have been told 7-8 months by London today. Not sure what the point of a service standard is if you don't get anywhere near meeting it!

Also not sure about getting a holiday visa for the child? What about if:

The holiday visa runs out before the new visa is granted?

If the 101 visa is granted when you are in Aus this will invalidate the holiday visa. My understanding is you can only hold one visa at any time? How do you leave Aus with the child if the 101 visa has not been validated already by entering Aus?

• 2 months later...

I just wanted to add our latest progress to this thread.

We applied for our Child Visa 101 in London on 4th April 2013. We were quoted 7-8 months processing time but our visas expired on 15th December so we headed out here with our baby on an eVisitor visa. We were advised this would be ok for us to do by our Case Officer as once the Child Visa is granted, the eVisitor visa will be overridden by the Child Visa 101.

The problem NOW is that there are further delays in the processing of the Child Visas apparently. I don't know if it is because of the changes they are currently making to the visa applications or what but we are now in limbo again. We have luckily been granted 1 year RRVs due to the fact that the only current reason we need to leave Australia is to vaildate the baby's visa when it is granted (which we have been told is a matter of when and not if so he is getting his visa, they just don't know exactly when)

This leaves us with a potentially massive financial problem. The eVisitor visa means our baby has to leave Australia every 3 months but can return for up to 12 months provided he doesn't stay for more than 3 months at a time. We just hope that the Child Visa is granted before February otherwise we are going to have to have 2 international holidays in the next few months. One when his eVisitor reaches the first 3 mnths in February when we will have to leave and re-enter Australia if his Child Visa 101 is not granted yet and then again when his permanent visa is granted.

If only we knew this back in April when it looked like he would have his visa by Christmas. We would just have applied onshore as it is going to end up costing more doing it the way we have done it. :arghh:

Has anyone else been granted a CHild Visa 101 who has applied in the UK this year?

Thanks

I think you will have to leave Australia anyway for them to grant the permanent visa, even if that was before the evisitor ran out after 3 months. Could you apply for a longer tourist visa while you were offshore? You can get them for 12 months and they are usually processed in a few days.

aah he's just playing with you-WR's an agent (see his signature) so has probably got a few of these on the go !

It must seem like an interminable wait for you- but hopefully it won't be too long. This visa game demands a lot of patience! Wonder if it's possible to extend his Visitor visa till such time as you have to leave for validation?

aah he's just playing with you-WR's an agent (see his signature) so has probably got a few of these on the go !

It must seem like an interminable wait for you- but hopefully it won't be too long. This visa game demands a lot of patience! Wonder if it's possible to extend his Visitor visa till such time as you have to leave for validation?

Not at all. Questions were posed and I answered them.

Here is a recent reply (yesterday) to a client, ID deleted:

Dear xxx

It would be possible for xxxx to apply for a tourist visa. If she were granted one she would have to leave Australia for the grant of a subclass 101 (child) visa. All of this would add $2000 (more or less) to your costs.

We lodged a subclass 101 (child) visa application in xxx on 27 June 2013 for a child under 18 years of age and a visa was granted on 29 November 2013. xxx's application was lodged on 28 June 2013,.

In your case the child is an adult and the embassy must be satisfied that she is your dependant and there are matters such as the police clearance and school attendance to be checked.

Your best strategy is to wait a little longer.

All the best for Xmas and the New Year

Westly

• 1 month later...