457 Visa processing time - August 2013

HeadingtoAus

Visa approved today!!! After months of work it has all been approved in two days!! There is no way anybody is going to wipe this smile from my face today!!

good luck to everyone still waiting!! Not long now :)

That's brilliant news Lynsey! All the best with your new adventure :) Hopefully we will hear something soon x

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guy's

Just and FYI, I called the ESC (European Service Centre) yesterday, They where really helpful in telling me that my application was being assessed and they did not need any additional information or documents from me, She could not tell me when the assessment would be complete but knowing they have what they need was good, maybe worth a try if you are unsure, the numbers are under the contact us section of the immi web page.

Mark

• 3 weeks later...

Hello All,

Am new to this forum and started following this thread. My agent submitted an application for Nomination and 457 visa together on the 30th July 2014 and my medicals are finalised on the 7th August 2014. Am still waiting for the decision.

I spoke to my agent and she informed me that they have submitted all the required information and don't know why no decision is being made on the visa. She also told me my sponsor's visa applications should be handled on priority and the average processing times are 1-2 weeks.

Can anyone advice me on the current visa processing timelines?

Chait

are you onshore or offshore?

my agent told me its 2-4 weeks. but immigration told me 3-4 weeks

good luck!

Hello All,

Am new to this forum and started following this thread. My agent submitted an application for Nomination and 457 visa together on the 30th July 2014 and my medicals are finalised on the 7th August 2014. Am still waiting for the decision.

I spoke to my agent and she informed me that they have submitted all the required information and don't know why no decision is being made on the visa. She also told me my sponsor's visa applications should be handled on priority and the average processing times are 1-2 weeks.

Can anyone advice me on the current visa processing timelines?

Chait

Hello,

Just a newbie follows this thread, I am under 457 Employer sponsored Nomination, Visa and Nomination application were approved on 3 Jun, finished Med check 10 Jun and sent to DIBP on 11, one week passes, awaiting a good news in next week, hopefully!!!

IT'S SO EXCITING!!!! I'VE JUST RECEIVED THE IMM LETTER FOR VISA GRANTED TODAY!!!

My timeline:

Visa & Nomination: June 3.

Med to DIBP: Jun 11.

Further Info requested & Submitted: Jun 26 & Jul 1.

and waiting.

Visa Granted: Aug 26.

Moving to Sydney: est Oct 14.

Wish you all soon receive the Good news!!!

Cheers,

Hello everybody,

I have a 12 month contract as a university lecturer starting form 1st of August. My sponsor nominated me on 16/7 and the it was approved the next day 17/7! I applied for the visa on 30th of July. Very fast indeed!

Now, it is exactly one month and I still do not have the visa. The case officer is allocated, I was asked to fill out form 80 and I have completed medical exam last week 25/08. So:

1. Does anybody know if the medical exam is the last step in visa 457 process?

2. Do you think it is useful if you describe my situation to the case officer (explaining that my contract has already started?!)

I am really stressed! It is only a 12 months contract and I don't want to lose 3 months of it waiting for visa!

Thanks,

Amir - I applied for the 457 on the 3rd of July and had my medical and documents already completed, My Nomination was approved very quick but on the 6th of August I was asked for additional Medical information, At this point they have not even review the new information that I supplied on the 7th of August, Apparently the Case Officer can not find out when the medical office will look and approve, I was told that the case officer is ready to provide a decision once we have medical clearance. not sure I answer your question though :)

Amir - I applied for the 457 on the 3rd of July and had my medical and documents already completed, My Nomination was approved very quick but on the 6th of August I was asked for additional Medical information, At this point they have not even review the new information that I supplied on the 7th of August, Apparently the Case Officer can not find out when the medical office will look and approve, I was told that the case officer is ready to provide a decision once we have medical clearance. not sure I answer your question though :)

Mark.when did

ur nomination get approved?

Hi! I'm from Philippines and now presently working in Maldives as Chief Mechanic for outboard engines for more than 9 years. I have some few questions regarding my application, I am applying for 457 visa and got a sponsor but the sponsorship and nomination are not yet granted. They ask me to lodge my visa application even the nomination is not yet granted, I already took my medical exam and taking my IELTS this coming Sept. 20, 2014. My questions are is it ok to lodge my application even the nomination is not yet granted and my IELTS is not yet done. Do the immigration will ask me to do the skill assessment? Thank you in advance

It's ok to apply before your nomination is approved, but I'm not sure if you need to complete the IELTS and skills assessment before you apply (some visas require these to be completed before the visa application is lodged). Depending on the ANZSCO code you're applying under, it's very possible you will require a skills assessment.

It's ok to apply before your nomination is approved, but I'm not sure if you need to complete the IELTS and skills assessment before you apply (some visas require these to be completed before the visa application is lodged). Depending on the ANZSCO code you're applying under, it's very possible you will require a skills assessment.

Thank you Maggie. I think this skills assessment will delay my process I read the procedure and the processing takes almost 8 weeks. My employer wants me to be there before soon. I'll just lodge my application and wait for the reply.

• 1 month later...