You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

reasonstobecheerful

Good Accomodation for Reasonable Prices in Sydney

Hi, I'm moving to Sydney for 6 months in December this year. The first few weeks I will be spending with family friends in Chifley and Bondi, but after that I'll have to look for my own place. I was just wondering if anyone could recommend any suburbs that are particularly reasonable for renting? I won't be looking for a one bed place, probably more likely to be a 4 or 5 bed. I'm a 23 yr old guy, too, so I want to be in and around where it's busy or where there's stuff going on.

Obviously, I realise I'll have to pay top dollar to live near the beach or near the town centre but equally, although it would be considerably cheaper, I don't want to be living way out of the way either. So what I'm looking for is a compromise.

Thanks!

Joe

4/5 bedder? You mean you want to share a large house, or you want that size for yourself? Look on www.domain.com.au and Gumtree, around Surry Hills, Newtown, Glebe, Redfern, Chippendale.

gumtree is probably your best bet.

you will be able to find a share house within 15 minutes of the centre from between $100pw to $300.

However if you want to be really flash there is apartment shares in the city for around $350 to $550.