Hey

Today we become homeless and we are less 4 weeks from selling our business and 38 days from flying to the Sunny Coast.

Would appreciate your hints and tips around the following:

1) What was the one thing which you wished you had done before leaving?

2) If you had one piece of advice for us, what would it be?

3) What was the most important thing you did before leaving?

Thanks in advance.

Adz

I always wanted to take my children to London but never did ...............

now I wish I had took the children sledging in the hills (Lancashire) too late now ,took that for granted .........

wish I had made my Grandma and Grandad a roast dinner at my house too late now ,they passed away but we did spend time with them ........

make the most of saying goodbye to relatives you may never see again ..........

1. Nothing. In an ideal world we would have had several European holidays, but it's not an ideal world :laugh:

2. Don't stress. Enjoy it!

3. We said plenty of goodbyes then had a holiday. We had a big party 2 weeks before, then we had various nights / days with family and friends individually. By the time we left, we were emotionally drained.

3 nights in LA (Disney) and a week in Fiji was just what the doctor ordered and we arrived in Australia feeling fresh and motivated.

1) - I wish I had gotten rid of some luggage!

2) - Cry, get upset, mourn on the plane, I did and it sent me to sleep, when I got off in Australia I took a deep breath and never looked back

3) - Get organised - paperwork etc, ready to look for rentals straight away and to buy a car

Tracy x

1) What was the one thing which you wished you had done before leaving?

2) If you had one piece of advice for us, what would it be?

3) What was the most important thing you did before leaving?

1) have your big going away do one or two days before you fly out, not the week before. You will sit and twiddle your thumbs. Go out wih a bang.

2) don't lose any paperwork / passports / tickets!

3) wash everything the day before you fly, the only dirty clothes should be the ones you are wearing.

One other thing to think about - will all your luggage (effectively 4 adults) get into the hire car (or the car of whoever picks you up) at this end?

One other thing to think about - will all your luggage (effectively 4 adults) get into the hire car (or the car of whoever picks you up) at this end?

Yep, we didnt consider this until it was too late and we had to pay to upgrade on the day. Think we could have shopped around and got it cheaper if we had time.