Baggage Allowance Singapore Airlines

Kentclan

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Folks,

OH found this thread earlier and i've read most of it, but was wondering if the extra baggage allowances were still applicable, as the thread started last year. Flights booked are with Singapore airlines for OH in Jan, currently with 30kgs, but i'm flying with Qantas with 1 leg on a partner flight with Emirates (Dubai to Brisbane). Again baggage allowance currently at 30kgs. Couldn't see anything on the Singapore airlines website and haven't looked at Qantas, as yet.. Any current info greatly appreaciated.. Cheers All.. :chatterbox:

Edited to add webpage; The Qantas web page below seems to indicate a 40 kg allowance for unused visas to Aus and NZ, but the visa categories they state doesn't have the 189 PR that I have.. Is this out of date does anyone think? Does anyone recognise the visa numbers as PR visas previous to the current 189 and 190 visas etc? Thanks again.. :confused:

OK, Singapore airlines offer a migrant allowance of an extra 10kg for a permanent unvalidated visa. That is all.

Qantas afaik stopped doing the migrant fares a while back but that list may be current, however its for Qantas flights only, so not codeshares that I can see. Emirates don't do them at all.

Have you looked at IOM? thb I don't find the fares cheaper but you get your extra allowance. Although routes and airline choices are limited, as are seat numbers so you may have to jiggle dates.

Also iirc Qantas fly an extra bag for a set fee now, something like $90 AUD. Again, their own flights only iirc.