Whats the equivlent of a Gammon joint in OZ???

millers

Hi you can get gammon steaks, gammon joint, black pudding and various sausages from www.highlandflingproducts.com located in Loganholme Brisbane. Originally a Scottish butcher he set up here, the gammon is real gammon as I have some at the moment. If you live to far away from Loganholme, give him a ring and they have other shops they can send produce to that might be closer if you pre-order.

• 7 years later...

Hello, I’m in the UK with family in West Australia. My daughter has just been telling me about the gammon problem, as I told her I am boiling a gammon joint at the moment. Years ago, when gammon joints were really salty, we used to soak them overnight, then bring them to the boil next day in fresh water, throw away the water when it came to the boil, then restart with any added bay leaves etc. You’ve probably all tried this, but I thought I’d throw it into the mixing pot. Good luck! 

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

We missed UK-style gammon (smoked/cured but not cooked) when we came to Oz. We discovered a pork curer/butcher in Orange, NSW, called Trunkey Bacon & Pork. Chatting to the wonderful matriarch of the company, Mae-Winn, at North Sydney Produce Market one Saturday, and explaining what we wanted, she offered to have a go, and next month produced the perfect smoked gammon joint for us. We haven't asked them in recent years, but it's worth a try!

Mike

6 hours ago, MikenSueNW3 said:

We missed UK-style gammon (smoked/cured but not cooked) when we came to Oz. We discovered a pork curer/butcher in Orange, NSW, called Trunkey Bacon & Pork. Chatting to the wonderful matriarch of the company, Mae-Winn, at North Sydney Produce Market one Saturday, and explaining what we wanted, she offered to have a go, and next month produced the perfect smoked gammon joint for us. We haven't asked them in recent years, but it's worth a try!

Mike

They used to sell at Capital Region Farmers Market.  Top quality product.