passport control- please reassure me

k8bug79

Hi, last minute panic. i fly on my own next week with my 3 young kids. i just want to check i've not overlooked something obvious. i'm going on a subclass 100 permanent spouse visa. I have been tokd it's all e visa so i don't need a stamp that our passports will tell them all they need to know. i have a print out of my visa grant notice as i'm flying from france and it was granted in London- so just for safety i thought it best to keep a copy of it all. But do i need anything else?

Not that I know of. Is it you and the kids on the visa? Or kids hold Aus pp already?

Also who are you flying with? I have a perm partner visa and have been given a double baggage allowance (unvalidated perm visa, one way ticket) with our chosen airline :D

Guest GeorgeD

You don't need anything else...your passport is electronically linked to your visa...you don't need any label or stamp. I didn't need my paperwork either...that's more likely for somewhere remote where you are leaving to go to Oz and they can't access the system to check your electronic status...you won't need it on entering Oz, the can easily check your status from your passport on the Australian border.

thanks. me and kids are on visa. hubby already there- he is oz citizen. i am with singapore airline but french won't give us double. got 30 kg each which is gonna be fun as i am having to carry most of it myself. somehow i have to manage 3 suitcases and 3 holdalls plus kids have 3 little suitcasesa and their handluggage. oh and my hand luggage. done a reccie of cdg airport and will have to manage on the transfer bus and shuttle but can then get a trolly. wish me luck lol

thanks. me and kids are on visa. hubby already there- he is oz citizen. i am with singapore airline but french won't give us double. got 30 kg each which is gonna be fun as i am having to carry most of it myself. somehow i have to manage 3 suitcases and 3 holdalls plus kids have 3 little suitcasesa and their handluggage. oh and my hand luggage. done a reccie of cdg airport and will have to manage on the transfer bus and shuttle but can then get a trolly. wish me luck lol

that sounds very similar to me and my kids when we did the migration trip..... but I found everyone so very helpful and willing to help... sure you will too.

Yes do ask for help - do not try to do it all on your own. Smile very sweetly and they might even load you all in a cart!

I know I am not very good at asking for help but when I do I am nearly always pleasantly surprised by the kindness of strangers and helpfulness of employees. You always get the odd one who is unhelpful but in your situation you deserve all the help they can give.

Can also be worth asking the airline too.