very pleased - visa application 309/100 submitted today!!

vickyplum

Hi all

Finally submitted my (our) 309/100 defacto visa application to Australia House in London. A couple bits still missing (one of my friend's statutory declarations and my full birth certificate) but will be sending them on as soon as I receive them.

Feels good to have all the paperwork off the dining table, and now keenly awaiting any sort of communication...

Vicky, I could be wrong here, and I don't want to freak you out unnecessarily! Don't worry until you know for sure from DIAC or a migration agent! But I have definitely seen applications returned (and money refunded, fortunately!) because people have submitted an "invalid application" when they don't include certain things - and I think birth certificate and perhaps even the two Forms 888 may be among them. So if you haven't already, you just may want to make sure. I think anything DIAC specifically asks for (birth certificate, passport, etc.), with the exception of medicals and PCC, has to be sent in with the application to make it valid. Again, I could be wrong! But you may need to get those two missing things to DIAC ASAP, so I thought I'd better say something, even with being unsure.

thanks for your concern CollegeGirl :)

I have submitted two form 888 and my birth certificate, but it's the "short" version and doesn't have my parents' names on it, so am waiting for the "full" version to arrive from the General Register Office, which is very slow in being sent out. But as you say, I'll get onto the missing things ASAP!