Nursing

Guest Mel & Ed

Guest Mel & Ed

Hello,

Im a senior nurse here in the uk and planning to move to Perth(if accepted) next year, taking my hubby and 3 small sprogs with me..

Can anyone tell me if i,ll be able to get a similar senior position, what the salaries are and the best way of finding a job before we go..

Any info on nursing would be helpfull,

Thanks

Mel

xx

Guest sunflower

Hi Mel

Me again :) I'll just send you one reply this time...

My understanding is that salaries are worked out on your years/hours of experience.

I was told about this site, although I haven't got around to looking at it yet. jobs@health.wa.gov.au

What area of nursing are you in?

Guest Mel & Ed

Hi Sunflower,

Thanks again..Are you a nurse??

Im a Senior Sister in Trauma & Orthopaedics and Tissue Viability..iI have plenty of surgical experience, so im hoping i dont have to start back as a junior nurse..??

Do you know how the system works there?What are the different nurses called??

How far have you got with your application??

Regards

Mel

xx

Guest sunflower

Hi Mel,

sorry for the delay, have been away :D

I'm a senior nurse is A&E with 7yrs experience. I'm not too familiar with the different levels apart from that they begin with RN level 1 then go 1:2, !:3 etc with the years of experience you have. This you have to prove to obtain your salary scale. I found this web site with all sorts of info on it. Only glanced at it briefly, but it does give pay scales, and other news. See what you think? http://www.anf.org.au/

With regards to my application, I have just received verification from the NMC of Victoria, WA, QLD, & NZ. I updated my practise certificate for NZ so I may apply under the modified skills assessment very soon.

Let me know how you get on :)

Guest Mel & Ed

Hi Sunflower,

I hadnt read this before i replied to other thread..

Im a bit confused(or thick) but i thought i had to send my skills assessment to the ANMC(Ausralian NMC) which covers whole of Oz. The NMC here have just sent my verification to ANMC but not a specific region is that wrong..Im just putting together all my paperwork to send in for skills assessment of nursing, do i have to send it to a specific area???

Please help..

Thanks

Melanie

Guest sunflower

Hi Mel

My understanding is that you do only have to send your stuff to ANMC for skills assessment, this is for the 136 independant skills visa. for all of Australia. This application is not the same as the registration process in separate states, but they will have all your info for when you do register.

The web site was just one I found when searching for pay scales.

Hope this helps.

:)

Hi Guys

I am a registered nurse with 10 years in ICU, was in Oz for a working holiday 5 years ago and I beleive little has changed so If I can be of assistance please let me know. Good luck with it all.

Sharon

:D

Hi Sunflower

I did most of my nursing in Sydney working for an agency so lots of locations both private and public. I enjoyed the experience immensely and found the care to be of a high standard and the support you gain very good. I did a placement in Darwin which was good too if a little frantic!

I personally wish to work in a public hospital, just because I like trauma care!

I'm looking to work and settle in Northern Rivers NSW but it's all about where the work is now I have a baby.

Hope this helps?

Anything else I can do please feel free

Sharon

hello there!, am currently F grade practice nurse in gp surgey in England, have been qualified 8 years, does anybody know if many vacancies for practice nurses and what is equivelent of F grade in Australia please :?:

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Nadine

Looking on the web sites there are a few practice nurse positions available and if you have management qualification I think you will be a level 2 nurse in Australia. you would be best advised to visit the relevant website for the state in which you wish to settle they should have a pay scale for you to look at.

Hope this helps.

All the best with it

Sharon

:D

• 3 weeks later...
Hello,

Im a senior nurse here in the uk and planning to move to Perth(if accepted) next year, taking my hubby and 3 small sprogs with me..

Can anyone tell me if i,ll be able to get a similar senior position, what the salaries are and the best way of finding a job before we go..

Any info on nursing would be helpfull,

Thanks

Mel

xx

Hi Oldham couple seeking similar, wife an E grade nurse here.

Seekinto move to Perth, sending transcrips soon.

Feel free to contact if you wish.

Dave/Wendy

Guest Mel & Ed

Hi Dave /Wendy

How do the salaries work and whats the range??

How are nurses diffrenciated/graded??

Whats Annual leave like

Main differences betweeen oz and uk nursing??

Many thanks

Melanie

Archived