Have yet to hear about receipt of application in London? - Partner Offshore 309

Amo

Exactly right, best to keep on the right side of the law at this time!!

I'm leaving next Thursday, 19 sep. really hoping we hear from a case officer before I go. We are pretty much banking on them requesting more information and I want to be here to help sort out anything that might happen. We are a young couple, both temporarily in the uk so therefore have very little financial evidence (no joint mortgage, cars etc) - we have a joint bank account but that's about it. We live with my partners family so I am not on the lease agreement as they only needed one of our names, which my partner did. We pay rent and bills as one sum to my partners family and they sort it all out so were a little bit nervous to be honest.

We both wrote extensive personal statements and have 4 well written stat decs, one of them from my partners cousin detailing the living/paying rent/how long I lived in the home etc. and the rest of our evidence is mainly holidays and events together which we included confirmation emails for hotels, trains, bookings, attending weddings etc and then one or 2 supporting photos from each of those events to 'confirm'. On top of this we included about 8 or 9 bank statement pages showing (substantial) transfers -rent and shopping etc- between each other before our joint account and a few receipts of big purchases we've made together.

Reading that back and it looks even smaller then I remembered it being :(

When we were going through it, although it seemed quite small we do believe its of good 'quality' so hopefully this makes a difference.

Sorry I got onto a little bit of a rant there hope you guys don't mind!

Makes the wait a little more nerve racking for us. I've read around the forum that they won't ask for meds and police check until they are satisfied with the evidence etc given does any don know of this? Cannot wait to get meds requested for my partner if this is the case!!

Fingers crossed for you! I went a bit over the top supplying the evidence, photos, bank statements for as far back as possible, various invites, joint Christmas cards etc etc... I've made a note of the stuff I submitted because a lot of it is sentimental and I want to make sure it gets returned! My parther thought I mad, sending off this big bundle of random personal stuff... but I can't help but feel we are being judged on our relationship (which I suppose we are) and would like them to believe that it's genuine (which it is!).

But anyway, sending you positive thoughts and hope you see some "action" from your CO before Thursday...!

Fingers crossed for you! I went a bit over the top supplying the evidence, photos, bank statements for as far back as possible, various invites, joint Christmas cards etc etc... I've made a note of the stuff I submitted because a lot of it is sentimental and I want to make sure it gets returned! My parther thought I mad, sending off this big bundle of random personal stuff... but I can't help but feel we are being judged on our relationship (which I suppose we are) and would like them to believe that it's genuine (which it is!).

But anyway, sending you positive thoughts and hope you see some "action" from your CO before Thursday...!

FWIW, I didn't send one single invite, card or anything like that. About half a dozen pics of us at a family wedding and with our son but that was it on the personal stuff.

Did submit a couple of things from each year we have lived together to show us at the same address but not masses. Covered the most recent 2 years in more depth. Must have been fine as CO never requested anything further to prove our relationship and visa was granted around the 7 month mark.

Hey guys, heard from our case officer (SV) yesterday, 13/09 with a bit of bad news for us. We've been told that my partners visa currently has a processing time of around 12 months :( I think this is different to the standard time being told these days as my partner is from Bangladesh, a 'High Risk' country and for these countries they seem to do a more intense background check. He's been requested to fill out I think it was Form 80 which he must give extensive details about his parents, brother and sister, every single address and job for I think around 10 years and details how he supported himself if there is any gaps in his job history etc. Has also been told that meds and police checks are not requested yet due to the long processing time :(

Good you heard from them but a shame about the content... :(

Hey guys, heard from our case officer (SV) yesterday, 13/09 with a bit of bad news for us. We've been told that my partners visa currently has a processing time of around 12 months :( I think this is different to the standard time being told these days as my partner is from Bangladesh, a 'High Risk' country and for these countries they seem to do a more intense background check. He's been requested to fill out I think it was Form 80 which he must give extensive details about his parents, brother and sister, every single address and job for I think around 10 years and details how he supported himself if there is any gaps in his job history etc. Has also been told that meds and police checks are not requested yet due to the long processing time :(

just a quick question, i assume you are from UK? and you are applying based on him? am i correct? and he is originally from Bangladesh but is an Australian citizen or PR etc? am i correct? sorry for all the questions, just i have applied for my PMV and my partner is originally from India but is now an Australian citizen.

Sorry again for all the questions :)

NikkiM is the Australian - but that's all I know :)

just a quick question, i assume you are from UK? and you are applying based on him? am i correct? and he is originally from Bangladesh but is an Australian citizen or PR etc? am i correct? sorry for all the questions, just i have applied for my PMV and my partner is originally from India but is now an Australian citizen.

I'd say the poster is the Aussie and sponsor. Her partner is from Bangladesh. Considered a high risk country so his application will take longer therefore.