broadband options

k8bug79

Hi we've secured our first rental in Sydney and move in Friday :biggrin: i've got round to setting up phone line/ broadband and i'm bamboozled! Am i right in understanding that I can have b/band without a phone line? we've been told to go with either telstra, dodo or optus so i looked at telstra but it seems very expensive at $130 a month, does that sound too much? i took the entertainment packages off and had 100gb data but on reflection i'm not sure i need a landline. i only use it to speak with my bestie for hours on end and she'll be on skype. we'll both aim for contract mobies asap. we have 3 kids and therefore we have lots of wifi divices and useage on internet. Can anyone advise on the best options and req of a landline?

Hi k8bug79 - I'm in Sydney and on Telstra at about $125 per month ($90 is for 200GB broadband, $20 for subscription TV and $15 for the T-box). I was told that I needed a landline to have broadband (like the UK). I have a teenage Son who is ALWAYS using the broadband, and 200GB is plenty for us. Get iPhones on contract, then you can use Facetime using wifi at home (Skype can be a bit random). Good luck settling in!

thanks guys, i went with Optus in the end. we're on cable so i figured it was best to get the faster speed over the adsl. for £110 got 1 tb of data and unlimited calls to landline and mobiles plus fetch tv. Also some international calls but i think i can upgrade to get unlimited int calls.