Positive Emigrating To Australia True Life Stories

Guest The Pom Queen

A lovely update Metoo, you sound very happy and settled. We finally got our citizenship last November, so I know how you feel. My only concern is that you haven’t mentioned Ted!!? Is he a citizen as well? I can just see him waving an Australian flag🧸🇦🇺 xM

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ramot said:

A lovely update Metoo, you sound very happy and settled. We finally got our citizenship last November, so I know how you feel. My only concern is that you haven’t mentioned Ted!!? Is he a citizen as well? I can just see him waving an Australian flag🧸🇦🇺 xM

The cat gets a mention, but not the husband 🙂

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

The cat gets a mention, but not the husband 🙂

Ha ha Ted is not the husband, he’s a Ted lol

husband is already a citizen as he was born here so no need for a ceremony for him.

meet Ted

4148B8A8-D731-4B07-A3A6-99A731CB928C.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, ramot said:

Congratulations ramot it’s a great feeling isn’t it.

Its about time Ted had a day out, I will take him somewhere next week and post on his thread.

Hope you are well

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Metoo said:

Congratulations ramot it’s a great feeling isn’t it.

Its about time Ted had a day out, I will take him somewhere next week and post on his thread.

Hope you are well

We are fine, and like you so settled here. The unexpected bonus for me is that as well as 2 of our children following us here, the Africa side of my family moved here as well, so there are 21 of us here, including 6 children, and we are all enjoy getting together. There is only my son and 2 grandsons in England, wish they were here, but that’s not going to happen. x M

• Like 4

• 8 months later...
Admin please feel free to delete if not allowed.

We have in the last couple of days moved to Brisbane from the UK after about 18 months of planning and 10 years of considering. We are still very much in the midst of the process so do not profess to be experts by any stretch but often throughout was looking for young families in a similar situation to us to follow their journey as we knew literally zilch about Brisbane. To that end, and mainly for the benefit of our friends and family back home, we have set up an Instagram page documenting our journey as we go. If it proves helpful or interesting to you, feel feel to give it a follow 🙂  

@theholdsworthsdownunder is the Instagram handle.