IELTS Requirement

Caveman fatboy

Is this an actual requirement to take the IELTS tests as I was under the impression that minimum points were granted (10) if the applicants first language is English and they have a passport from the UK?

I have noticed a few people on here talking about uploading their IELTS results from the UK and wondered if this was because it was an actual requirement or they just needed it for the extra points?

I researched all of this a few months back and I was sure we would be awarded the 10 points as we come from the UK but I know it changes every July?

:skeptical:

In some occupations you have to have IELTS for your skills assessment. If you don't have to do a skills assessment or if you have to do a skills assessment but IELTS isn't required then you don't have to do it. Proing that you were taught in an english speaking environment may suffice. If you want extra points then you do have to do it. But as said above you'll only get points with a scre of 7 or above in all categories.

Debs

Is this an actual requirement to take the IELTS tests as I was under the impression that minimum points were granted (10) if the applicants first language is English and they have a passport from the UK?

I have noticed a few people on here talking about uploading their IELTS results from the UK and wondered if this was because it was an actual requirement or they just needed it for the extra points?

I researched all of this a few months back and I was sure we would be awarded the 10 points as we come from the UK but I know it changes every July?

:skeptical:

The current point system has been in place since July 2011, no points are given for a having a UK passport.

Thank you for all the quick replies. We are taking our visa application one step at a time, dealing with the skill assessment first. Looking at the whole picture and what was required was becoming a bit over whelming, especially when I'm working 1 full time and 1 part time job and with 2 children!

Its taken us months to pull all the evidence and documentation together and to get this far, with my husbands technical assessment due this Thursday YEAH!

I will start pulling some info together for him regarding the IELTS so he can start brushing up on this then, as we will need these points for our application.

Thank you :)

Guest dugles
Thank you for all the quick replies. We are taking our visa application one step at a time, dealing with the skill assessment first. Looking at the whole picture and what was required was becoming a bit over whelming, especially when I'm working 1 full time and 1 part time job and with 2 children!

Its taken us months to pull all the evidence and documentation together and to get this far, with my husbands technical assessment due this Thursday YEAH!

I will start pulling some info together for him regarding the IELTS so he can start brushing up on this then, as we will need these points for our application.

Irrespective from the country you are applying for, If you want 10 points , you must get 7 in each module to be awarded with points.

Otherwise 6 each is required for many occupations.

How many points you required if you apply for 190 or 489 subclass is also dependent on state and the available occupation criteria?

For 189 skilled independent you must qualified 60 points based on various factors.

Guest dugles
Is there a list of occupations anywhere that state whether or not you have to have an IELTS before skills assessment? Thanks in advance for your help :)

Once you undergo some skill assessment, then the relevant body of assessing your skills may have some requirement. Check your occupation and relevant body assessing requirement's.

And, once you get positive assessment, then if you like to proceed with 190 or 489 subclass then check in which state your occupation is available and then its criteria to sponser which includes IELTS and work exp criteria .

For 189, 6 each is mandatory.