Reunite with my identical twin

Rachel Kelley

Hi all,

My name is Rachel, Myself and My family currently live in Jersey C.I. My twin sister lives in NSW with her family, We really hope to move over within the next two years and are thinking about QLD as I have four year old twins and I'm under the understanding you don't need to pay school fees there? My Fiancé is a kitchen fitter he's been in the trade for 18 years now and I am training to be a Facilitator for a local family charity. Firstly I would like some advice as to how we can look for someone to sponsor my partner on the 457 visa with the outlook to move to permanent residences after two years. We understand that his job title is the same as a cabinetmaker so were hoping to go down this route. I am also doing a level 3 work with parents diploma and a level 3 cache children and young people's workforce diploma and was hoping to get work as a family support worker. I'm so desperate to move over, I miss my ID twin do much it breaks my heart we both had such a hard time in life and were never separated until her move. Please can someone give me done advice as to the best way to go about looking for a sponsor. My Fiancé has really good references and a portfolio of his work. He's very hardworking and only wants the best for his family. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :)

Firstly, I think you need to investigate if kitchen fitter really is the same as a cabinet maker. In my experience there not.

Then I would give a big word of caution on the sponsored route. How would you feel if you sell your house, pay thousands in moving and shipping your things for your husband to be made redundant and you have to leave? This happens far too often.

Then there is gaining sponsorship. This is very hard. The new rules stipulate very harsh requirements for companies wanting to sponsor and that is onntopnof the fact trades people have always found it very hard to gain sponsorship.

Then, you mention free education. There needs to be a bit of caution here. WA this week just changed it's rules and it means sponsored families are going to have to pay $4k per child per year. There is nothing stopping QLD from introducing this.

I would strongly recommend you consider skilled migration. Look to see if your husband can pass the skills assessment forna cabinet maker. If so, this is a far berthed option.

Very disheartening as cabinet maker is only on the csol and not the sol list so the only option we have is a 457 visa, I have no family left in Jersey and my adoptive mum lives in Ireland with my little sister. So I can't apply for last remaining relative either. :( I have previously asked a migration agent about the kitchen fitter/cabinet maker route and he told me many people have applied and been successful using this route. My fiancé has previously told me he doesn't mind the school fees as being over there would make up for it. Thanks for your advice.

Unfortunately it's not on the state nomination for QLD :( Looks like our only option is the 457 sponsorship I was always told whats for you won't pass by you, so we can only try!! If it doesn't work at least we gave it our best shot!!! We wouldn't sell our property over here anyway as it is a good investment and we will rent it out to pay the morgage whist where away. Does anyone have any advice on how to go about looking for a sponsor? Thanks for your help

Okay sooooo after spending 24 hours solid on google I have discovered that my twin can actually sponsor us on the 190 visa as cabinet maker is listed on the nsw sponsorship list!!!!! Just need Guy to do a skills assessment!!!! How happy am I??? !!!!! :)))))) thank you VERY STORMY and the lovely lady that PM me for all the advice!! Just need to know who does the skills assessment for 190 visas for cabinet makers, we have done the first part (self assessment) and looks like we qualify for most of it!!! :)

Okay sooooo after spending 24 hours solid on google I have discovered that my twin can actually sponsor us on the 190 visa as cabinet maker is listed on the nsw sponsorship list!!!!! Just need Guy to do a skills assessment!!!! How happy am I??? !!!!! :)))))) thank you VERY STORMY and the lovely lady that PM me for all the advice!! Just need to know who does the skills assessment for 190 visas for cabinet makers, we have done the first part (self assessment) and looks like we qualify for most of it!!! :)

really?

[h=2]Skilled - Nominated (subclass 190) visa[/h] Features

• This points-based visa is for skilled workers who are nominated by a state or territory.

• A visa holder can live and work permanently anywhere in Australia.

• Certain family members can be included in the application.

To be eligible for this Visa (Subclass 190), which entitles you to gain permanent residence anywhere in Australia based on nomination by an eligible family member who is a citizen or a permanent resident of Australia -

you must gain at least 60 points in the Points Test

you must be under 50 when you apply

you must demonstrate that you have COMPETENT English (minimum IELTS score of 6.0 in each component)

you must have a post-secondary qualification

you must nominate a skilled occupation which fits your skills and qualifications

your nominated occupation must be found on the current Skilled Occupations List

before you apply, you must have your skills assessed by the Australian assessing authority designated to assess your nominated occupation

you must provide evidence that you have been in paid employment for at 12 months in any occupation found on the Skilled Occupations List within the last 2 years

you must have an eligible relative in Australia who is an Australian citizen or permanent resident and is willing to act as your sponsor

you must be of reasonably good health and undergo a medical examination

you must show that you are of good character (by providing (a) Police Clearance Certificate(s))

YES REALLY!!!!! :) xxxx

Not sure where you found your information regarding the family sponsorship, but it is not correct.

190 visa is a state nominated visa only.

The only family skilled sponsored visa there is - 489 Provisional Regional sponsored, but family member must live in Regional Australia, and you require an occupation on SOL.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/

Guest guest30085

Hi Rachel

The 190 visa is a state sponsored visa, so if your occupation is not on the SOL (schedule 1) but is on CSOL (schedule 2) it means you can apply for a permanent residency visa so long as you pass a skills assessment, the IELTS English test if needed for points, and then are invited by a state which has your occupation on their list.

The fact you have family there is irrelevant to this visa. Family can sponsor you on the 489 regional visa but I'm sure your occupation has to the on the SOL for that.

Firstly you need to see if you can pass the skills assessment, I can't remember if Cabinet Maker is TRA or Vetassess, but you will need to check the requirements of the assessing body first. Then you need to look at what points you can potentially claim based on age, quals, work experience etc. look on the Skills Select page of the DIAC website. Then if you are short of points, you'll need to take the IELTS, plenty of help with this on the Internet.

This information is wrong - Pre-Skillselect there was the 176 family sponsored visa, but this visa subclass no longer exists for new applicants from 1 July 2012.

Look at Skill Select site which is the official Australian Immigration site.

Okay thanks again for the advice. Its all very confusing so I appologise for jumping the gun and getting excited for nothing lol :( so as cabinet maker is on the NSW 190 list of occupations we can apply for this visa provided we have a positve skills assessment? Does anyone know who does the skills assessment for 190 visas? Thanks again :) xx