Bubble not yet burst, but quickly deflating!

Tipswell

Yes. Although born in the UK. Dual citizen.

Why?

Was just wondering thats all! Was just because of the "we need a foreigner to do it" comment, i wasnt sure if you were a brit who had moved over and lived there a really long time or you were actually australian. Just being nosey really

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never thought that I would come on a forum like this and in a way have people tell me it's my fault, and that I think the world owes me a good job. I hope I would never do that do a person, who when reading with fresh eyes the following day just sounds upset and frustrated, but mainly upset. Thank you to those who wished me well, and thank you in a way to those who weren't, you have made my decision to leave this site so easy. I wish you all well for the future, and hope if there are others struggling to find a job, then I hope you find one soon.

When you say that you are not interested in working minimum wage for stupid hours, I don't have any sympathy. Whilst my earlier comment may see harsh, I'd have sadly told you the same thing in person. We are the same age, and I know I've accepted my fair share of crap jobs to feed my kids (if you really want to know bad conditions just ask...)

I feel for you. My family and I have been back in the UK for nearly a year after spending 4 expensive and stressful months watching the money slowly disappear! I applied for about 250 jobs and had only one telephone interview for which the interviewer said at the end there had been hundreds of applications and I wan't successful even though I was a strong candidate. I was advised to de-UK my CV and apply for anything going, which I did, but to little avail. With a young family and only limited funds we had to make the difficult decision to cut our losses.

You could try a different state (although the moving cost for us were just too much)?

Good luck, it takes the shine off what should be an amazing experience! xx

Hi

Im so sorry to hear how tough it is for you! Im planning to come to Oz in a few weeks and what I can take from all the advice is here is to not be picky. I understand where you are coming from, but I'm gonna take anything, i have no expectations and i would LOVE working in a coffee shop, i mean i have a degree but experience in retail, care, admin/HR and i used to clean my school when i was back IN school, so i would be grateful for anything that comes my way. I want to work but mostly just LIVE and experience and meet people. I am slightly concerned but i will do anything, its part and parcel i think.