register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

NeilPankaj

457 to PR - Health assessment question

Hi Forum,

Myself on a 457 visa and looking to get permanent residency.

My question is - I have white coat hypertension and am a nervous wreck when it comes to BP check. This is only, the time when my bp is monitored and on all other times, am very much normal. Indeed the doctors who checked me last time back in my country made me ran through series of tests which all came back normal including the ECG, Echo cardiogram and serum tests.

I am from a high risk country and my weight is about 5 kilos more than what it should be for my height. I am neither diabetic nor have high cholesterol / have any other disease. I am in my late 20's.

Please suggest if this would pose a concern for my health assessment.

Thanks everyone.

NP

I don't see an issue either based on what you have said.

Although I am curious how you know your blood pressure is normal all the time except when it is measured when it is elevated! :biggrin:

Nothing you have posted should cause concern. Just need to stay calm for blood pressure check.

Thanks for your reply. I've done it several times with other doctors as well. Just that it shoots up very high when being monitred. Even it turns out to be high on the assessment day, should it be ok..just out of curiosity.

I don't see an issue either based on what you have said.

Although I am curious how you know your blood pressure is normal all the time except when it is measured when it is elevated! :biggrin:

Thanks Rupert. Its a feeling which makes it sky rocket..Quite easily distinguishable spikes..