Leave to remove- toddler specific

aussiepom101

Hi,

I'm new to the site and so pleased to have found it!! I am an Aussie that moved to the UK 13 years ago (i have dual citizenship with ireland-Australia), but now wanting to return to Australia with my 3 year old (soon to be 4). My son will have the right to an Australian passport through decent, but his father still has parental responsibility so i presume i still have to go through the usual process??

Most of my family still live in Australia and I miss them terribly. My son has a fantastic relationship through skype, emails and letter with those in Australia and I feel life has more to offer us both in Australia. I need the help and support of my family as I do not have any support network in the UK (other than amazing friends that is!!). My Son sees his father once a month. He has relocated some 3 hours away from my son and has a new relationship and a new child (so a half sibling to my own son). My ex husband is bound to say no, when I ask for his permission to leave. So I want to be prepared as best I can for the process and application. Does anyone have any specific help they could offer?

Does a CAFCAS officer get involved in the case when the child is this young? (will be just turned 4) I am hoping to start my son in primary school in Australia Jan 2015 for his prep year, so I would hope to have leave granted before he would be due to start the school process here in the UK in sep 2014. Is this unrealistic/ too soon to hope that the application process would take?

I obviously can offer the usual things such as skype, emails and letters to my son's father to continue their relationship. However visits back to the UK will be an issue financially - how have people dealt with this?!? It is unrealistic to suggest a visit back each year or alternate years with my ex (he has his new 'family', and being a single parent of a young child finances are a challenge enough!) Over the 13 years I have lived in the UK I have only been able to travel back to Australia for visits twice. What happens with Child maintenance if i manage a successful application? Could i suggest any child maintenance payments continue to be paid into a UK account to fund flights for visits? That would encourage his involvement too.

Sorry for the dozens of questions!!

• 5 years later...

I am now a single mother, after nine years. My partner cheated on me probably more than 3 times last year (2017) and once in (2018). 
I found numerous "dating sites" in which he had made accounts with. On one specific site, he was posting pictures of his private part and mine, as well !!!! (He blames me, for his infidelity). He has never helped out with any finances what so ever, in the last 3 years. He is a huge drinker and a huge marijuana smoker. Constantly posting negative and sexual posts on Facebook ... My concern is my daughter, when around him and possibly all of these disgusting woman being around her. In tired of this, I am a very good mother and I just think that we both deserve better. Please, what are my options ?? 

3 minutes ago, BowerManning said:

I am now a single mother, after nine years. My partner cheated on me probably more than 3 times last year (2017) and once in (2018). 
I found numerous "dating sites" in which he had made accounts with. On one specific site, he was posting pictures of his private part and mine, as well !!!! (He blames me, for his infidelity). He has never helped out with any finances what so ever, in the last 3 years. He is a huge drinker and a huge marijuana smoker. Constantly posting negative and sexual posts on Facebook ... My concern is my daughter, when around him and possibly all of these disgusting woman being around her. In tired of this, I am a very good mother and I just think that we both deserve better. Please, what are my options ?? 

Are you looking for options to live in Australia because your post doesn't say that.

I would suggest your first port of call if you are worried about your daughter is citizens advice or social service.

However as crap as his behaviour was there is nothing illegal or threatening about a child being around their parents partners (the fact they are from dating sites and he was married is immaterial) many kids in the UK come from homes where the parents have split and one or both are dating others

12 minutes ago, BowerManning said:

Are you in the UK or Australia?

2 hours ago, starlight7 said:

I would get out quicksmart and go to the police because what he is doing is illegal.

I'm not so sure it is - we don't know where they live

In almost no country is heavy drinking illegal, marajuana usage is legal in some countries and posting on the internet in this way is only an issue under a very narrow set of circumstances

I totally agree it is not a good situation but it isn't necessarily illegal - it could be though

On 05/08/2013 at 04:35, aussiepom101 said:

Hi,

I'm new to the site and so pleased to have found it!! I am an Aussie that moved to the UK 13 years ago (i have dual citizenship with ireland-Australia), but now wanting to return to Australia with my 3 year old (soon to be 4). My son will have the right to an Australian passport through decent, but his father still has parental responsibility so i presume i still have to go through the usual process??

Most of my family still live in Australia and I miss them terribly. My son has a fantastic relationship through skype, emails and letter with those in Australia and I feel life has more to offer us both in Australia. I need the help and support of my family as I do not have any support network in the UK (other than amazing friends that is!!). My Son sees his father once a month. He has relocated some 3 hours away from my son and has a new relationship and a new child (so a half sibling to my own son). My ex husband is bound to say no, when I ask for his permission to leave. So I want to be prepared as best I can for the process and application. Does anyone have any specific help they could offer?

Does a CAFCAS officer get involved in the case when the child is this young? (will be just turned 4) I am hoping to start my son in primary school in Australia Jan 2015 for his prep year, so I would hope to have leave granted before he would be due to start the school process here in the UK in sep 2014. Is this unrealistic/ too soon to hope that the application process would take?

I obviously can offer the usual things such as skype, emails and letters to my son's father to continue their relationship. However visits back to the UK will be an issue financially - how have people dealt with this?!? It is unrealistic to suggest a visit back each year or alternate years with my ex (he has his new 'family', and being a single parent of a young child finances are a challenge enough!) Over the 13 years I have lived in the UK I have only been able to travel back to Australia for visits twice. What happens with Child maintenance if i manage a successful application? Could i suggest any child maintenance payments continue to be paid into a UK account to fund flights for visits? That would encourage his involvement too.

Sorry for the dozens of questions!!

Consult a registered migration agent for information about the criteria to be satisfied for removing a child to Australia and then a local family law solicitor for advice about satisfying the criteria.