State Nomination for Northern Territory subclass 190.

Hi guys, I finally got a verdict on my SS application. NT Government SS was denied. Their only reason was:

"Your skills and experience related to your nominated occupation are not in line with NT employer’s needs."

This is really shocking! Has anyone else got a response like this? Please share. And good luck to the guys waiting for their SS...

Hi Mcadam,

Sorry to hear this. I know a fellow epxat from another forum who got the exact response from NT. This is really demotivating for people like me who are still preparing the application :(.

On a positive note, NT may not really be the place for you and there might be some other states opening your occupation soon :)

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Mcadam,

Sorry to hear this. I know a fellow epxat from another forum who got the exact response from NT. This is really demotivating for people like me who are still preparing the application :(.

On a positive note, NT may not really be the place for you and there might be some other states opening your occupation soon :)

Hey you can't lose motivation now, you're almost there so keep going. Even now I'm still motivated :)

KEEP GOING...

Best wishes with your application.

Edited by mcadam

Hi Mcadam,

Sorry to hear this, however keep your dream your chasing, I am sure, you will definitely get it soon.

Hi guys, I finally got a verdict on my SS application. NT Government SS was denied. Their only reason was:

"Your skills and experience related to your nominated occupation are not in line with NT employer’s needs."

This is really shocking! Has anyone else got a response like this? Please share. And good luck to the guys waiting for their SS...

Hi Mcadam,

Sorry to hear this, however keep your dream your chasing, I am sure, you will definitely get it soon.

Hi Guys,

I was just filling NT form and got stuck on a few points, anyone who can help me out please!

Section 4.1 - Nominate an area or town to live in NT. Can I mark more than one town in this section or it has to be only one?

Other community area: What can possibly go here?

Other regional center? : What can possibly go here?

4.3 Contacts - Even though I tried for many days but unfortunately I couldnt make any contacts in NT! I know this is going to have a negative impact on my application! Any tips you guys have of how to contact people and get responses? I have tried facebook so far.

4.5 Friends/relatives in Australia - I am leaving this blank intentionally, i hope this is not going to be a problem?

Furthermore, as employment evidence I have about 8-10 job positions in different places in NT. Is that enough or I should look for more?

I need to finish and lodge my application next week! So any replies/suggestions will be highly appreciated!

Thanks,

Sana

Hi Guys,

I was just filling NT form and got stuck on a few points, anyone who can help me out please!

Section 4.1 - Nominate an area or town to live in NT. Can I mark more than one town in this section or it has to be only one?

Other community area: What can possibly go here?

Other regional center? : What can possibly go here?

4.3 Contacts - Even though I tried for many days but unfortunately I couldnt make any contacts in NT! I know this is going to have a negative impact on my application! Any tips you guys have of how to contact people and get responses? I have tried facebook so far.

4.5 Friends/relatives in Australia - I am leaving this blank intentionally, i hope this is not going to be a problem?

Furthermore, as employment evidence I have about 8-10 job positions in different places in NT. Is that enough or I should look for more?

I need to finish and lodge my application next week! So any replies/suggestions will be highly appreciated!

Thanks,

Sana

4.1... You should nominate any of the towns in the NT e.g Darwin, Alice Springs etc. It's probably logical to go for the place most of your job adverts are located. One town is enough. But you can narrow it down to a particular area under COMMUNITY AREA such as Palmerston (a satellite town of Darwin), but be prepared to give a good reason for choosing this.

For your evidence of employability, between 5-8 job adverts is enough. Make sure the LOCATION and DATE is clearly shown. The more recent the better.

I hope this helps. Best wishes...

4.1... You should nominate any of the towns in the NT e.g Darwin, Alice Springs etc. It's probably logical to go for the place most of your job adverts are located. One town is enough. But you can narrow it down to a particular area under COMMUNITY AREA such as Palmerston (a satellite town of Darwin), but be prepared to give a good reason for choosing this.

For your evidence of employability, between 5-8 job adverts is enough. Make sure the LOCATION and DATE is clearly shown. The more recent the better.

I hope this helps. Best wishes...

Thank Mcadam! Did you ask for a detailed response from NT to why they rejected your application?

One more thing, do I have to get my bank certificates notarized? On their website, they have asked for 'certified copies' so I am assuming this is bank's certification and not notarization. Please correct me if my understanding is wrong.

Thanks,

Sana

Thank Mcadam! Did you ask for a detailed response from NT to why they rejected your application?

One more thing, do I have to get my bank certificates notarized? On their website, they have asked for 'certified copies' so I am assuming this is bank's certification and not notarization. Please correct me if my understanding is wrong.

Thanks,

Sana

No I did not ask for an explanation, and wasn't planning to. They made it clear my file is closed and that's it. What I understand from this rejection is their research shows that I can't get a job in the NT in my nominated occupation. So it's for the best. I'll wait for another state to open up :)))

Yes the bank statement should be certified by a commissioner of oaths in addition to the stamp/seal of your bank.

Hi everyone,

We are currently in the process of applying for state sponsorship for Northern Territory, has anyone got any ideas about the cost of living in Darwin and the surrounding areas?

Hey Sam, read back this thread from the beginning, you'll find useful information regarding cost of living in the NT.

Cost of Living in Darwin, Australia. Prices in Darwin. Updated Sep 2014 http://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/city_result.jsp?country=Australia&city=Darwin via @Numbeo

Best wishes with your application...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

I am very new to this site. Let me briefly explain about my situation, I have already submitted my EOI on the 2nd of August 2014 and my nominated occupation is only listed in NT skilled occupation list. So, I am looking forward for 190 or 489 visa, as I have selected both in the EOI.

My question now is, is applying to state or territory separately on their websites a mandatory step in the EOI process to gain their nomination or is it a complementary step that will increase the applicant chances in being selected by a particular state or territory.

Do I really need to do anything after submitting the EOI, if I want to go for 489 visa, as I noticed from this thread that many were rejected from 190 to 489 visa.

Please advice as I am very confused regarding this part of the process.

Hi All,

I am very new to this site. Let me briefly explain about my situation, I have already submitted my EOI on the 2nd of August 2014 and my nominated occupation is only listed in NT skilled occupation list. So, I am looking forward for 190 or 489 visa, as I have selected both in the EOI.

My question now is, is applying to state or territory separately on their websites a mandatory step in the EOI process to gain their nomination or is it a complementary step that will increase the applicant chances in being selected by a particular state or territory.

Do I really need to do anything after submitting the EOI, if I want to go for 489 visa, as I noticed from this thread that many were rejected from 190 to 489 visa.

Please advice as I am very confused regarding this part of the process.

Hi meet1313,

I would advice you to apply directly on the NT website to expedite the whole process,I dont think you will get an direct invite easily from them eventhough the employers or state have access to the EOI, the reason is there will be lot of applications and yours should be an specilized /demanding job code.

Good luck..

Hi guys

I'm very confused today as i got rejected for 190 visa but they have offered me the 489 visa i have 28 days to confirm this visa before they close the doors on me , i don't understand this visa at all , I'm moving on my own , It says after 2 years i can apply for permanent but does this mean i have to live in NT for a further 4 years to be able to gain my citizenship ? i will send you the email they sent me any help or advice is gratefully received .

I am emailing you to let you know that NT Government got back to us with feedback. We have received an e-mail from NT state, advising that you were not been successful for Northern Territory (NT) Government sponsorship under the Skilled-Nominated (Permanent) (Subclass 190) visa scheme. However they advise that they can offer sponsorship under the Skilled-Regional Nominated (Provisional) (Subclass 489) visa scheme. This decision was made by the case officer, based on the documents and information provided by you and the decision will not be re-considered under any circumstance.It is strange as you are meeting all of their requirements, however I guess they want you to be tide up with the state with the 489 visa as under the 489 visa you have to live and work in NT for 2 years and you’d be allowed to switch to permanent residency after these 2 years. The process is exactly the same and the cost is exactly the same as it is for the skilled migration visa. The only difference is that the 489 is a temporary visa giving you the right to switch to pr after 2 years spent in NT.

thanks guys

Hi guys

I'm very confused today as i got rejected for 190 visa but they have offered me the 489 visa i have 28 days to confirm this visa before they close the doors on me , i don't understand this visa at all , I'm moving on my own , It says after 2 years i can apply for permanent but does this mean i have to live in NT for a further 4 years to be able to gain my citizenship ? i will send you the email they sent me any help or advice is gratefully received .

I am emailing you to let you know that NT Government got back to us with feedback. We have received an e-mail from NT state, advising that you were not been successful for Northern Territory (NT) Government sponsorship under the Skilled-Nominated (Permanent) (Subclass 190) visa scheme. However they advise that they can offer sponsorship under the Skilled-Regional Nominated (Provisional) (Subclass 489) visa scheme. This decision was made by the case officer, based on the documents and information provided by you and the decision will not be re-considered under any circumstance.It is strange as you are meeting all of their requirements, however I guess they want you to be tide up with the state with the 489 visa as under the 489 visa you have to live and work in NT for 2 years and you’d be allowed to switch to permanent residency after these 2 years. The process is exactly the same and the cost is exactly the same as it is for the skilled migration visa. The only difference is that the 489 is a temporary visa giving you the right to switch to pr after 2 years spent in NT.

thanks guys

Visa 489 is a temporary/provisional visa which means after two years you need to apply/convert this visa to a permanent visa. The difference is with visa 190 you are already a permanent resident and entitled to receive certain benefits like medicare. With regards to applyiing for the citizenshep in the future, you do not need to wait for another 4 years to apply, you will be eligible to apply after 4 years staying in NT as long as you are already a permanent resident when you apply and have been for at least a year and you havent stayed outside australia for more than 12mos. I know for sure that with visa 489 you are free to enter and leave aus as many time you like within the visa and of course work/live in NT during your valid visa. You can also bring family here with you.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All! Could you guys please please help me how to write commitment letter to NT SS ? I am stuck on that letter even trying to search about area, weather, cost and accommodation etc. I just would like to have a look and get idea too write a passionate and committed letter?Please

Edited by Angelfly

I am an employer in the IT Industry in Darwin (well actually Palmerston).

For those in my industry (including IT Technicians, IT Engineers, Sales & Marketing related to IT or B2B Technology Services and Admin or Administration in relation to IT), I am more than happy to receive applications to jobs@ategra.com.au

I'm also happy to accept genuine connect requests on LinkedIn at http://au.linkedin.com/in/territorian

I may also be able to answer some questions about the NT.

Qualified, Experienced staff with EXCELLENT English and communications skills are in high demand and the NT is a great place and growing, so has excellent opportunities.

Hi Angelfly

We have just sent our form off for state sponsership, and have used an agent. They suggested a VERY indepth statement, showing you have completed research towards your new life over there. Ours was about 2 pages and listed the schools we researched for our kids, what areas we liked and why, jobs we are going for, (print out some examples) what we would do when we are out there etc.

I would show you ours but its not even sent to them yet! So maybe if its accepted I could share an example but not yet :-)

Just do your research on good sites and forums like this one and you'll be fine :-)

• 2 weeks later...

Friends in few months time I am coming along with my wife. Planning to move to Darwin. I am from hospitality industry working as a restaurant manager in India. Worked in London for 4-5 years. I do nat have a job in Darwin or any friends.

plz suggest

1) if it's ok to move to Darwin without having a job.

2) how much money we would be needed to bring with us to live there at least 2-3 months.

3) how much a studio or a room will cost us to live in Darwin.

4) are there enough jobs in hotel or restaurant.

I know now it's many question but your reply will b very valuable for us to make a decision.

Plzz reply.

Hello Everyone,

I am new to this forum, have just registered and logged in.

What a coincidence Narendra Sing, I am also a Hospitality Professional just like you and have extensive experience in Restaurant Operation.

Well I am also planing to migrate to NT and have got a big list of questions but lets start gradually.

My current Status:

- I have positive outcome of Skill Assessment

- IELTS cleared 7 in each band

- Profession is in NT Migration Occupation List and alos in NT Skilled Occupation Priority List

Now what to do, please advise.....................????

What is your Status Narendra Sing, Have you got the immigration Visa?

hi guys just a update , i went ahead with the 489 visa it got accepted in 2 days after i lodged it just got to pay my last visa payment by the 13th dec and then i have to do y medical, can someone tell me what happens after that ? and how long does a medical take ? just so i have a time line before i apply to jobs to give them a start date .

thanks guys , hope your all loving darwin I'm getting nervous now xx