State Nomination for Northern Territory subclass 190.

Hi,

I am also in the process of applying for a NT nomination. I have everything ready except for the Section 4.3 in the application from which asks for "[TABLE=width: 815]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 2]4.3 Contacts[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Have you made contact with anyone in the location that you have identified?

(If yes, please provide name and details of contact. You may also wish to attach further information regarding your contact with employers, for example, copies of emails, outcomes of discussions) [/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

How much essential is to have a positive reply/job offer from the employer to get a 190 nomination? Please advise, as I have made all other documents ready and filled the EOI, and I am stuck in this section :(

Hi,

Having a job offer is definitely an added advantage, but its not essential to get successful nomination of subclass 190. It depends of range of factors such as your employability prospects in the state, ties to the NT such as family/friends, financial capability so as not to depend on state in case you don't find employment & your commitment statement of course (You can provide this evidence by contacting potential employers and provide that as an evidence of your commitment/seriousness).

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

Of late I have come across many posts that they received subclass 489 sponsorship for NT even though they applied for subclass 190. Just wondering how many people in here managed successfully to get subclass 190 visa nomination from NT? If so how you managed to do it & what factors do you think contributed to successful NT SS subclass 190 nomination? Cheers!!

Hi,

Having a job offer is definitely an added advantage, but its not essential to get successful nomination of subclass 190. It depends of range of factors such as your employability prospects in the state, ties to the NT such as family/friends, financial capability so as not to depend on state in case you don't find employment & your commitment statement of course (You can provide this evidence by contacting potential employers and provide that as an evidence of your commitment/seriousness).

Thank you very much , Ceaser!!

And I will update on the outcome of my nomination request.

Thank you very much , Ceaser!!

And I will update on the outcome of my nomination request.

Hi sabzi,

Recently i applied for NT sponshership,But mine got rejected and there are two reasons stated.

1. I didnt provided many job reference related to my skiiled occupation

2. I dont have closed ties with Nt as i didnt provided any contacts in NT,

So my advice will be atleast try to add one or two contacts in Nt and add atleast 8 openings related to your occupation in your commitment statement.

My occupation is currently sponsered by Nt only and it got rejected,I am now puzzled and thinking of re assesing with different ANZSCO code.

All the best..

Hi sabzi,

Recently i applied for NT sponshership,But mine got rejected and there are two reasons stated.

1. I didnt provided many job reference related to my skiiled occupation

2. I dont have closed ties with Nt as i didnt provided any contacts in NT,

So my advice will be atleast try to add one or two contacts in Nt and add atleast 8 openings related to your occupation in your commitment statement.

My occupation is currently sponsered by Nt only and it got rejected,I am now puzzled and thinking of re assesing with different ANZSCO code.

All the best..

Thank you Sarvan for your suggestion.

I am just keeping my fingers crossed!

Dear All,

I am having an positive skiils assesment as a mechanical engineering technician and recently applied for NT sponsorship with my wife and Kid unfortunately it was rejected by the state.

Below are the two reasons stated for rejection.

1. I have provided only few job reference related to my skiiled occupation

2. I dont have closed ties with Nt as i didnt provided any contacts in NT

I am thinking of re-applying and i would appriciate if some one can accept me as an friend and share your name and contact information to increase the chance of approval,I can promise you that your information will be kept confidential,If you need any of my information i am glad to share with you.

Thanks in Advance..

Hi Everyone!

I am new to this forum and also new to the topic of NT SS.

Since all other states have closed down the occupation I fall into i.e. HR Adviser, NT is my only option. I am planning on to pursue it, but I have a few questions before I start. If anyone of you, who had been successful and could share some tips will be really appreciated.

1) I see a lot of rejections by NT, is there a specific reason for it? I assume NT is not a priority for most of the people, and thought NT will be easier in giving out SS. So whats the catch?

2) The proof of funds of AUD50,000 - could this be a bank certificate at a given time stating the amount of money or do we have to maintain the amount for a certain time period in the account? If yes, then whats the time line for it?

3) Could my brother/father write a sponsorship letter stating they will be financially supporting me after the move?

4) I saw in the NT form, they ask about any contacts made. Is there a way I could make contacts in Darwin? Any social network site dedicated for it?

Please do share any other tips anyone could to get a successful nomination! I have positive assessment+ at least 7 in each band of IELTS

Thanks,

Sana

Hi Everyone!

I am new to this forum and also new to the topic of NT SS.

Since all other states have closed down the occupation I fall into i.e. HR Adviser, NT is my only option. I am planning on to pursue it, but I have a few questions before I start. If anyone of you, who had been successful and could share some tips will be really appreciated.

1) I see a lot of rejections by NT, is there a specific reason for it? I assume NT is not a priority for most of the people, and thought NT will be easier in giving out SS. So whats the catch?

2) The proof of funds of AUD50,000 - could this be a bank certificate at a given time stating the amount of money or do we have to maintain the amount for a certain time period in the account? If yes, then whats the time line for it?

3) Could my brother/father write a sponsorship letter stating they will be financially supporting me after the move?

4) I saw in the NT form, they ask about any contacts made. Is there a way I could make contacts in Darwin? Any social network site dedicated for it?

Please do share any other tips anyone could to get a successful nomination! I have positive assessment+ at least 7 in each band of IELTS

Thanks,

Sana

Hi @sana,

I have recently applied for NT SS and from what I've read, you need to take the application seriously even though the NT is mostly regarded as regional area. So take your application seriously especially the commitment statement. Those that have been rejected probably didn't. Most times NT will bump applicants from 190 to 489 rather than outright rejection.

NT department of business told me I can use a sponsor's account, but they should be close family members (parents or siblings) and it should be in withrawable cash NOT assets. In addition, your sponsor(s) will write a signed letter stating their commitment to support you financially.

What I have done regarding contacts is directly contacting employers in the NT via email. I was able to get a couple of responses. So you can include this email correspondence in your application as a separate attachment to proof you have made contact with people.

I guess the most important advice is to take your application seriously and do everything diligently.

Good luck...

Edited by mcadam

Hi @sana,

I have recently applied for NT SS and from what I've read, you need to take the application seriously even though the NT is mostly regarded as regional area. So take your application seriously especially the commitment statement. Those that have been rejected probably didn't. Most times NT will bump applicants from 190 to 489 rather than outright rejection.

NT department of business told me I can use a sponsor's account, but they should be close family members (parents or siblings) and it should be in withrawable cash NOT assets. In addition, your sponsor(s) will write a signed letter stating their commitment to support you financially.

What I have done regarding contacts is directly contacting employers in the NT via email. I was able to get a couple of responses. So you can include this email correspondence in your application as a separate attachment to proof you have made contact with people.

I guess the most important advice is to take your application seriously and do everything diligently.

Good luck...

Hi!

Really appreciate your response! This is what I gathered too from whatever I have read. I will start preparing my application soon!

Which occupation do you belong to and whats the status of your NT application?

Regards,

Sana.

Hi @sana,

Good luck...

Thanks a lot mcadam,

My last post got lost so I am writing again.

Thanks for your response! And yes this is what I also concluded from my research that NT wants genuine commitment to the state.

Could you tell me the occupation you belong to? Also whats the status of your application? How long it has been.

I sent an email to migration@nt.gov.au ​but it bounced back. Can you also confirm the email where you contacted the department with your query.

Thanks,

Sana

Dear All,

I am having an positive skiils assesment as a mechanical engineering technician and recently applied for NT sponsorship with my wife and Kid unfortunately it was rejected by the state.

Below are the two reasons stated for rejection.

1. I have provided only few job reference related to my skiiled occupation

2. I dont have closed ties with Nt as i didnt provided any contacts in NT

I am thinking of re-applying and i would appriciate if some one can accept me as an friend and share your name and contact information to increase the chance of approval,I can promise you that your information will be kept confidential,If you need any of my information i am glad to share with you.

Thanks in Advance..

You can use Facebook and try to find out people from your state or hometown or college, etc., living in NT and request them for more information etc.

That is what I am doing now. :)

Cheers!

Edited by sabzi

You can use Facebook and try to find out people from your state or hometown or college, etc., living in NT and request them for more information etc.

That is what I am doing now. :)

Cheers!

Dear sabzi..

Thanks for your advice and i am trying that also and managed to find an contact, I am also trying to contact potential employers in NT to make my job section lively as per mcadcam advice..

Lets see and all the best for your application..

Hi!

Really appreciate your response! This is what I gathered too from whatever I have read. I will start preparing my application soon!

Which occupation do you belong to and whats the status of your NT application?

Regards,

Sana.

My nominated occupation is Architectural Draftsperson 312111. I applied for NT SS on 31 July.

Thanks a lot mcadam,

My last post got lost so I am writing again.

Thanks for your response! And yes this is what I also concluded from my research that NT wants genuine commitment to the state.

Could you tell me the occupation you belong to? Also whats the status of your application? How long it has been.

I sent an email to migration@nt.gov.au ​but it bounced back. Can you also confirm the email where you contacted the department with your query.

Thanks,

Sana

Hi @sana,

the email is correct. Have you tried to resend?

Hi! Yeah I tried Monday. Got a response saying they will answer the query in 2 weeks time.

I send you a private message. Will appreciate if you can respond :)

Regards,

Sana

Don't worry, they will respond within the week. NT migration department are quite fast like that. You can ask them all your questions, anything not clear, they will clarify for you.

Regards...

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Mcadam,

No acknowledgement yet, I got an out of office, saying it might take 2 weeks to get acknowledgement because of high volume of applications.

Have you received the SS ? I see from your timeline, its been almost 4 weeks from the date you had applied.

Did you get acknowledgement email yet?

Good luck man...

Hi Mcadam,

No acknowledgement yet, I got an out of office, saying it might take 2 weeks to get acknowledgement because of high volume of applications.

Have you received the SS ? I see from your timeline, its been almost 4 weeks from the date you had applied.

My acknowledgement email came after 7 days. So I am counting the three weeks from then. I plan to email them this week if I don't get my invite.

You should get your acknowledgement email within two weeks of applying.

Good luck.

Edited by mcadam

Hi guys, I finally got a verdict on my SS application. NT Government SS was denied. Their only reason was:

"Your skills and experience related to your nominated occupation are not in line with NT employer’s needs."

This is really shocking! Has anyone else got a response like this? Please share. And good luck to the guys waiting for their SS...

Hi guys, I finally got a verdict on my SS application. NT Government SS was denied. Their only reason was:

"Your skills and experience related to your nominated occupation are not in line with NT employer’s needs."

This is really shocking! Has anyone else got a response like this? Please share. And good luck to the guys waiting for their SS...

Hi mcadam

Its sad to hear this mate,Dont worry if one door is closed god will defenitely open the other one, Dont give up and try to find other options i think i no neeed to advice you as your approach is far better than me,I also didnt tried re-applying and still contacting the employers to get some positive reply, but managed to find one of my old friend,Cheers...