State Nomination for Northern Territory subclass 190.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Samulv/Citation, Please allow me to join your club! My agent called and emailed me this afternoon...my visa has been APPROVED!Thank you for all your assistance and prayers...To God be the Glory...God is Good all the time!Advance Merry Christmas.

thats great ...merry christmas to you too... when are u planning to be there..

Thank you. We are not rushing but most probably, we will be moving by mid of next year!

I still need to do some double checking on the lifestyle, cost of living, plan on our finances, things to close prior moving and putting our mindset.

Talking about the job, I will just cross my fingers hoping I can get immediate source of income once I reach there so that my finances would not run-out.

Goodluck to all of us guys and may God be with us!

Thank you. We are not rushing but most probably, we will be moving by mid of next year!

I still need to do some double checking on the lifestyle, cost of living, plan on our finances, things to close prior moving and putting our mindset.

Talking about the job, I will just cross my fingers hoping I can get immediate source of income once I reach there so that my finances would not run-out.

Goodluck to all of us guys and may God be with us!

Amen

• 3 weeks later...
Hi all,

My agent informed me today that my 190 application was unsuccessful. However, NT has decided to give me a subclass 489 provisional visa instead. I had signed and sent off the declaration... Not too pleased though.. Oh well!!! beggars cant be choosers...

The same thing just happened to me! I applied for 190 but was given a 489 sponsorship. They didn't give me a reason and didn't even acknowledge I applied for the 190! I was initially really upset but now just grateful to be going to Australia at all.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Everyone,

Just had a small question on NT SS. The requirement for contact details of a known person in NT - is it non-negotiable? Is there a chance that if I do not provide a contact in NT, my application for NT SS might be rejected?

Thank you all for your valuable inputs.

Regards

HR

Thanks Jules81.

Hello Everyone,

Just had a small question on NT SS. The requirement for contact details of a known person in NT - is it non-negotiable? Is there a chance that if I do not provide a contact in NT, my application for NT SS might be rejected?

Thank you all for your valuable inputs.

Regards

HR

I don't think it's non-negotiable to have contacts in the NT, but it certainly helps your case if you can prove you have ties to the Northern Territory. I personally have two friends who live in Darwin so I included them in my application (however they were not contacted by the NT government for confirmation). I think the most important component of the application is the commitment letter. I did A LOT of research on the NT and wrote a very passionate letter about why I think Darwin would be the best place for me to live in Australia. I edited it like crazy until I thought it was perfect and I was offered sponsorship even without a solid job offer (I'm a primary school teacher so it says right on the list that I'm required to have a job offer). I emailed schools who said they'd be happy to offer me casual work upon arrival, but I don't have a contract. Put effort into your application, contact employers and send proof of that, and convince them that you really want to live in the NT and you should be okay :).

I don't think it's non-negotiable to have contacts in the NT, but it certainly helps your case if you can prove you have ties to the Northern Territory. I personally have two friends who live in Darwin so I included them in my application (however they were not contacted by the NT government for confirmation). I think the most important component of the application is the commitment letter. I did A LOT of research on the NT and wrote a very passionate letter about why I think Darwin would be the best place for me to live in Australia. I edited it like crazy until I thought it was perfect and I was offered sponsorship even without a solid job offer (I'm a primary school teacher so it says right on the list that I'm required to have a job offer). I emailed schools who said they'd be happy to offer me casual work upon arrival, but I don't have a contract. Put effort into your application, contact employers and send proof of that, and convince them that you really want to live in the NT and you should be okay :).

Hi Jules, how is it with your own 489 visa processing?

I am also applying for 489 NT SS. Applied on 10th Jan.

Hi Jules, how is it with your own 489 visa processing?

I am also applying for 489 NT SS. Applied on 10th Jan.

Hi Dewi, have you already been given the SS or is that when you applied to the NT? I'm still waiting for a case officer. I lodged my application with DIAC on Christmas Day and my PCC and medicals are both booked for 20th Jan so it's just (another) waiting game now :).

Hi Dewi, have you already been given the SS or is that when you applied to the NT? I'm still waiting for a case officer. I lodged my application with DIAC on Christmas Day and my PCC and medicals are both booked for 20th Jan so it's just (another) waiting game now :).

I've got the state sponsorship and now is in the process of visa application. Going to do meds hopefully next week. PCC uploaded on the 11th.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Citation560XL

Congrats for your visa. But it is a 489 visa. So you will need to work for 2 years in order to apply for the PR. this is a must condition , Do you know this ?

So you should support yourself financialy for the whole period untill you find a job.

Hi Citation560XL

Congrats for your visa. But it is a 489 visa. So you will need to work for 2 years in order to apply for the PR. this is a must condition , Do you know this ?

So you should support yourself financialy for the whole period untill you find a job.

Hi Soha,

Thank you. Yes i do know the terms of the 489. As for the financial support, under the 190 too; you would need to support yourself until you get a job.

I applied for the 190 but was given the 489... Something is better than nothing i'd say. :biggrin:

Hi Dewi,

Do you have a case officer yet? There's been no word on my end and I've uploaded everything.

Hi jules,

I haven't heard anything. I also have uploaded all necessary documents and my medical si already undertaken...

I hope no email is because they find the documents to be satisfactory a... in othervthreads, some has got grant within 3 weeks. But they are applying onshore. I think it makes the difference

Hi jules,

I haven't heard anything. I also have uploaded all necessary documents and my medical si already undertaken...

I hope no email is because they find the documents to be satisfactory a... in othervthreads, some has got grant within 3 weeks. But they are applying onshore. I think it makes the difference

I didn't hear a single thing from them after uploading everything, and then BAM, I got a direct grant on 13th Feb!! My wait was just under 7 weeks but felt like an eternity :). Good luck with your grant!

• 2 weeks later...

HiI am new to this forum,I am not sure where to start and end ,but here is my query I have 5 years of work experience in training and development ,I was working till mar 2012 ,I have to take a break as I was conceived and had few complications,now I am not working ,will I be eligible to get positive with vetassess with the block in work experience. Thanks in advance for valuable information.Qualification -MBA HR completed 2009

Hi Rapid Fire,

Yes you can submit your documents to vetassess as long as your work experience is still the last 10 years, and i think you took just a short break . i mean you did not leave your work since ages :-)

HiI am new to this forum,I am not sure where to start and end ,but here is my query I have 5 years of work experience in training and development ,I was working till mar 2012 ,I have to take a break as I was conceived and had few complications,now I am not working ,will I be eligible to get positive with vetassess with the block in work experience. Thanks in advance for valuable information.Qualification -MBA HR completed 2009

• 2 weeks later...

My mother and I are looking to apply for a NT State Sponsorship as an HR Adviser. She has about 18 yrs of exp, including a couple in Australia. I would be the secondary applicant. I am her dependent, currently studying for my Master of HRM from the Edith Cowan University in WA. Our previous visa expired in October 2013, and so we would be lodging for the visa offshore. We have the skills assessment done, the IELTS is done, the assests valued.

And she has been funding my education and our stay while we were in Perth, so there doesn't seem to be any problem having to prove my dependency.

I'd just like to get a word of advice before we lodge our visa. Please let me know of any other requirement that we probably have missed out on.

Thank you in advance,

Cheers