4 Years In Perth and what it, like living here , the pro's and con,s

Highland Laddie

Ha ha paul beats going to blackpool or Cleethorpes for the day and been hemmed in with people blowing there fortnightly giro on cans of special brew pmsl

Why didn't you go to better places...? I traveled the world during my 20's.. Above Watford wasn't on my must go places

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

more than once lol but not nearly as bad as deception bay over in qld now that was bad lol

Atleast deception bay doesn't sound like it is worth visiting. There's one positive about it

You live in Perth, do you know of any really run down horrible areas? Gives those of us who are planning to go there knowledge of not to go and live there.

Clarkeson Mirrabooka, Brighton to name 3 nor, Cannington, sor

Perth is a snoozy place, a bit like the isle of wight. some of my pals have moved east and doing well. a couple moving back to townsville after trying it here

Tp me moving to the Eastern states wolf be like moving from uk to oz again, tho i have been invited to surfers paradise to check it out

Have to admit tho driving along West Coast Highway is always refreshing here in Perth. and the classic car scene here is great too, esp with prices beginning to drop

still have to agree with op about Perth, not really a happening place a friday night pub crawl may mean you be lucky to get into two bars

Ha ha paul beats going to blackpool or Cleethorpes for the day and been hemmed in with people blowing there fortnightly giro on cans of special brew pmsl

Extremes in UK. If you come from a god forsaken place in UK Perth may well tick all points. For others there are components missing and things in various degrees lacking.

I think we get it some folk love Perth others think it deadly boring while others don't think too much.

Clarkeson Mirrabooka, Brighton to name 3 nor, Cannington, sor

Perth is a snoozy place, a bit like the isle of wight. some of my pals have moved east and doing well. a couple moving back to townsville after trying it here

Tp me moving to the Eastern states wolf be like moving from uk to oz again, tho i have been invited to surfers paradise to check it out

Have to admit tho driving along West Coast Highway is always refreshing here in Perth. and the classic car scene here is great too, esp with prices beginning to drop

still have to agree with op about Perth, not really a happening place a friday night pub crawl may mean you be lucky to get into two bars

It's not a happening place and few would claim it to be. Life in the quiet lane, which of course suits plenty of folk. Those looking for more oomph go East. Sydney or Melbourne more likely to float your boat.

Clarkson? Brighton? Lol. They're posh. Try Balga, Girrawheen and Koondoola. I have friends in Clarkson...and Brighton. Rough parts in Clarkson but a lot of it is not bad at all. I actually like Brighton/Butler. I like the high street bit

Edited by HappyHeart

Still rough Brighton know of some bought new there when nice but lot of trouble there now,

coppers I know tel me, Balga improving Kwinana sor bit of a nightmare too.

each to their own I guess, got to accept the views of people who actually live here and tried it not just been here on hols.

I live woodvale, had my car broken into twice, son had his work van broken into this weekend, sat nav gone, still considered nice area

If you earn well you put up with it... When you've got your coin the " better life " begins when you leave cashed up

OK Paul1977, so we know you dont like it.... but why do you just bag the whole WA thing all the time? If you so hate Perth and WA, just go back to wherever you think you will be happy. Or..... and here is an original thought...... give some constructive comments about what you see as negative in WA and not just bitch about everything. Surely, apart from the departure gate at Perth Airport, there has to be something that you like?

No but money pays the mortgage off, then were mortgage free with no worries .. Or you could be a slave to a mortgage for 25 years ..

yep agree with that, but why be so friggin miserable and moaning all the time meanwhile? If Perth is working for you financially, just embrace it temporarily and get on with life and stop bitching about the place to everyone about everything!

Guest The Ropey HOFF
OK Paul1977, so we know you dont like it.... but why do you just bag the whole WA thing all the time? If you so hate Perth and WA, just go back to wherever you think you will be happy. Or..... and here is an original thought...... give some constructive comments about what you see as negative in WA and not just bitch about everything. Surely, apart from the departure gate at Perth Airport, there has to be something that you like?

No one believes anything he says anyway, I don't know why he bothers TBH, he brings nothing to the site at all.

No one believes anything he says anyway, I don't know why he bothers TBH, he brings nothing to the site at all.

And you do Hoffey mate?, so much input when you havnt even lived here but dream of it?. dont knock the good and bad here, as you say paul bags WA all the time your posts are exactly he same about the UK, even the subtle digs. but lets try n get back to the OP for a change eh

yep agree with that, but why be so friggin miserable and moaning all the time meanwhile? If Perth is working for you financially, just embrace it temporarily and get on with life and stop bitching about the place to everyone about everything!

The poster brings another side to Perth equally as relevant otherwise all we'd get is the mushy, gooey take on Perth some seem to prefer to read.

Guest The Ropey HOFF
And you do Hoffey mate?, so much input when you havnt even lived here but dream of it?. dont knock the good and bad here, as you say paul bags WA all the time your posts are exactly he same about the UK, even the subtle digs. but lets try n get back to the OP for a change eh

I say a lot of nice things about the UK over and over, I will however compare things about the UK when certain things about Australia are said, there's a lot of things being going wrong here over the last five years and I rarely see you saying good things about Australia, you might have, but I must have missed it. Saying I am just like him, is completely wrong, don't you agree?

Guest The Ropey HOFF
Some may differ from that view although it may not be the comment some want to hear.

Almost everyone posts similar about where they live and what they experience, only two or three on here post completely negative stuff. I have no problem about what people post as long as they are even handed about it, don't you agree?

Perth ......that view of the swan river from kings pk is as good as anywhere in the world .......i could and should have moved there for my career .......just never fancied it .......drove around the suburbs , and it didnt do it for me ........each to their own .

that was when wages were high and property cheap .......

Almost everyone posts similar about where they live and what they experience, only two or three on here post completely negative stuff. I have no problem about what people post as long as they are even handed about it, don't you agree?

with all due respect hoff , all the bollox you come out with about the u.k , that could be classed as negative .....calling the u.k paradise one week and unliveablle the next .......

i dont think you are unhappy with the u.k .....you are unhappy where you llive in the u.k .......you have a secure job .....loads of holidays ......my advice , move to somewhere else in the u.k ......it might change your opinion ......

you are getting too old to risk it now anyway ....stop your moaning

Guest The Ropey HOFF
with all due respect hoff , all the bollox you come out with about the u.k , that could be classed as negative .....calling the u.k paradise one week and unliveablle the next .......

i dont think you are unhappy with the u.k .....you are unhappy where you llive in the u.k .......you have a secure job .....loads of holidays ......my advice , move to somewhere else in the u.k ......it might change your opinion ......

you are getting too old to risk it now anyway ....stop your moaning

I have never said the UK is unliveable, your just making things up. Cheers for the advice.

Edited by The Hoff

I say a lot of nice things about the UK over and over, I will however compare things about the UK when certain things about Australia are said, there's a lot of things being going wrong here over the last five years and I rarely see you saying good things about Australia, you might have, but I must have missed it. Saying I am just like him, is completely wrong, don't you agree?

Not Really agree, What I will say is that considering whats going on in the world having the choice of living in the UK or Australia isnt a bad choice at all. and yes I have stated all along I love both countries, I have lived the ups and downs in both, Would be very difficult to choose either way where to live if forced to. Could have been mortgage free at 40 in the UK yet have aussie grandaughters in Perth

I know Australia pretty darned well having lived there 32 years and having travelled around it for 4, one year spent in WA. If I have to go back (now loving England) then it certainly would not be to Perth - in fact not WA. However, I'm not seeking work at the moment. If I was, I would be very careful what industry I went into in WA now as certain sections of the mining industry are having real problems and this will have an affect on everything long term. I would also hope to earn big money but accept that it doesn't happen for the majority. I would also take great care about what contract I signed and try to find out what other people in the same industry are earning as many new migrants are being taken for a ride being offered much less on contract that the Aussies earn for the same job and you are told you must never discuss wages with anyone and have to sign that part of the contract! I would also accept that to earn that big money, I will have to work extremely long hours and will not have the time necessarily to enjoy all the relaxation time that I had envisaged. It all depends what type of work you do eg the building industry has been dead in certain parts of Queensland but now there is a new town being built west of Brisbane but it is miles away from any beach. Not everything is what it seems on the adverts or on those daft TV shows! and yes, once you've seen the beautiful parkland and harbour/Swan River and have spent a day in Perth and South of Bunburry and north of Geraldton there is not much to see unless you go inland and explore but even then there is not that much and WA is an enormous State. ps Take a heap of money with you to set yourself up!

Guest The Ropey HOFF
Not Really agree, What I will say is that considering whats going on in the world having the choice of living in the UK or Australia isnt a bad choice at all. and yes I have stated all along I love both countries, I have lived the ups and downs in both, Would be very difficult to choose either way where to live if forced to. Could have been mortgage free at 40 in the UK yet have aussie grandaughters in Perth

I have said this numerous times, we are lucky to have the chance to live in two of the best countries in the world, the UK and Australia, I say a lot of good things about the UK, I do say negative stuff as well, it's called being even handed, we are discussing it the right manner, no aggrevation, no arguments, just a honest debate. I was just pointing out that I don't completely bag the UK, but two or three never say anything good about Australia and if they want to do that, that's up to them, but I don't see the point really, both countries have great things about them, which I am sure almost all of us agree about.

I have said this numerous times, we are lucky to have the chance to live in two of the best countries in the world, the UK and Australia, I say a lot of good things about the UK, I do say negative stuff as well, it's called being even handed, we are discussing it the right manner, no aggrevation, no arguments, just a honest debate. I was just pointing out that I don't completely bag the UK, but two or three never say anything good about Australia and if they want to do that, that's up to them, but I don't see the point really, both countries have great things about them, which I am sure almost all of us agree about.

yep agree, I think what gets me is now I appreciate what the uk had to offer having given it up, its those who advise others not to go back to the UK as its a sh*****e etc when thy have nothing to compare it with that tend to be a bugbear. I try to be even handed, at the moment despite what people say Perth IS bloody expensive

which is a pain, and I am aware of the problems are in the UK, a limp govt, and union backed opposition ( dont get me started on unions here ffs) here too I got on, got a job house car etc and made it work same as I had to in the UK, I encountered racism so know what being an immigrant is. Those who knock the uk immigrants will become one themselves here, they can then see and hear the ads for jobs for Australians only. Keep em coming tho Hoff, debate is good and I like to do so too, nothing is personal for sure just different temps of heated

:-)